Seahawks To Enter The Bidding For Bengals QB Carson Palmer?

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 25, 2011.

1. One of the biggest weeks of pre-draft scouting kicked off Monday as the largest single collection of NFL coaches, scouts and general managers gathered for the 2011 Senior Bowl. For the next week the top seniors in the nation hope to showcase their skills for future employers during full-pads practice. Besides the action on the field, there's plenty of draft related news coming out of Mobile as NFL decision-makers look to the future, and with so many NFL teams in desperate need of a starting quarterback and just a few expected to come from April's draft, talk in Mobile has centered on veteran signal callers likely to be dealt. Word is the Seahawks could be in the bidding process for Carson Palmer if the Bengals deal the disgruntled veteran. Palmer was coached by Pete Carroll late in his college career, and most feel it is a natural fit.

Source: Sports Illustrated

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
  2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I don't think Palmer is better than Hasselback. Toss up imo....why get someone in who isn't used to what you're doing. Doesn't matter if Palmer played for Carroll at USC, this isn't college.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I would take a motivated, rejuvinated Carson Palmer ANYDAY over Matt Hasslebeck. ANY-FREAKING-DAY.

Don't let the Saints playoff game fool you. That was a rare performance that you can count on maybe three times a year from him now.

Carson Palmer being coached by Carroll and throwing to Mike Williams again? Get one or two linemen in the offseason and the dude would blow up.

I've been saying Palmer-to-Seattle since midway through the season. I see this as the landing spot if Cinci will actually part ways with him.

4. Evaporator

Evaporator Rookie

i hope they do part ways palmer sucks and should consider retiring

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

What?Why?

Palmer can start on a few teams in this league next season, and if they don't want him he can be one of the best backups in the league elsewhere and still make good money. Why retire? Sit on the bench somewhere at the very least and let the money continue to pile up so when he does retire he can just chill.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd take a dejected, overaged, broke down Palmer over Hasselbeck...everyday...lol.

This talk is all pointless because the Bengals are too stubborn to try and improve the team by dealing Palmer...

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I still don't think he'd be an improvement over Hasselback. Like I said earlier...toss up and why bring in a new old guy?

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Carson is 31, Matt is 35. 31 is not old.

What would keep Carroll from entertaining the idea of bringing in another quarterback? He had subpar play from the quarterback position all year. Nothing to keep him in love with Matt or Charlie. He has seen and coached Carson into the Heisman trophy winner.

If he could be had for a reasonable amount, it'd happen like that.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

is palmer really that much better than hasselbeck was?

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

When this thread was alive, Hasslebeck was on a sharp decline. It wasn't that he was much better at that moment, it's that Hasslebeck's career was more or less done for and Palmer might have had a chance at doing some good things with Petey and co.