Your NFL Team Is Gone, What Team Do You Root For Now?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Ok, the team you have rooted for your whole life or at least most of your life is gone for reasons unknown and all you do know is that your beloved team isn't coming back, what do you do now???

What team are you going to poor your heart into now? Is it a winner right now, a losing team but you don't care because you just know they will eventually win a Super Bowl or is it a team that you thought about for a long time but couldn't root for em because your original team was a rival....tell us, the GIF membership, WHO YOU GONNA ROOT FOR NOW???

For me??? It's the Saints, I remember when I was younger I loved and actually still do love the Fleur de lis you know this~~~> [​IMG] I liked everything about the team, the colors, the city, the excitement just everything. I loved their defense as well...I've never been a Archie Manning fan though...

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Easy question for me and really a good thread question. I'm curious about the answers from other members.

[​IMG]

I was born and raised in KC and became a member of the Wolfpack (don't know if that even exists anymore). That was a group of hard core fans that if a member, you sat directly behind the opposing teams bench. Your only function was to get drunk and verbally abuse the opposition. Made no difference if it was the way they wore their hair, their wives, their time on the bench, etc., you were there to get a response....and we always did.
    I eventually became a season ticket holder and remained one until I moved from KC in 1987.
    When I joined Gridironfans in Jan '09 I actually joined as a Chiefs supporter (this is the sigpic I used when I joined) [​IMG], but I had already been living in Phoenix for 18 years and although they were one of the worst franchises, I followed the Cards very closely simply because of the constant local media coverage and they were my "hometown" team.
    I still follow the Chiefs and guess you could say they're my 1a team. I guess I knew I had to 'convert' when KC came to Phoenix for a game and stomped the crap out of the Cards, but I cheered to the Cards.
    So if the day ever comes that I leave Arizona and live where there is no local NFL franchise, I'll probably be putting my Chiefs cap on again.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Went thru this in reality, in fact. Cheered for the Packers after the league stole my Browns.

If it happened again, I would probably kill myself. Or root for the Saints.

4. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Would have to be the Chiefs. Became a semi fan the year Montana and Allen joined the team. Plus who didn't love Marty ball. But could also lean towards the Ravens and Panthers seeing I live in VA. Hell if the Cowboys don't get their crap together who knows it might actually happen.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I would choose not to have a single team but instead just follow the league as a whole :)

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

probably pull for the panthers since it is the closest team to me.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Root for the Texans for the same reason.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Disregard last post, changed my mind.

Washington Bravehearts FTW

9. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I would probably become a Ravens fan no real reason.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[​IMG]

11. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

You figured it out! Let's call Snyder. GIF Markaz FTW!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i hope they don't change their names,but if the skins do i would rather it be the washington generals,with george washington on the helment.

13. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Back in the late 80s, early 90s was when I remember just beginning to really get into football. Living in Virginia, I remember quite a few of my family members (uncles and cousins, not immediate family) rooting for the Redskins so they were who I was first exposed to.
    Around that same time we moved to Frankfurt, Germany because my dad was in the Army. And once over there I really took to the 49ers and the Bills. I thought they were both really exciting to watch. 49ers were my favorite and continued to be so ever since, even through all the rough times.
    If they moved cities, I'd still hold them as my favorite. If they ceased to exist, I'd just be a fan of the game and certain players. Couldn't see myself rooting for another franchise like I have rooted for SF all these years.

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Whichever team Brett Favre finally signs with...

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ditto, you said it perfectly.

I actually became a 49ers fan because another team moved. When I was 2-3 years old we lived in Hayward, and all the "big" kids on the block were all about the Raiders and A's, so naturally I was too. Then the Raiders moved to LA, which was akin to treason in the eyes of East Bay kids, so everyone started rooting for the 49ers. 30+ years later, I could never actually invest myself into another team like I have the Niners. I'd probably follow the Raiders casually (Bay up!!) but really just be a fan of the game overall.

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I'm from the Pacific Northwest originally so I would probably root for the Seahawks. I am kinda a closet fan anyways.

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

No question I'd be rooting for the texans. They suck right know but those are the breaks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

18. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I would be like some of you and just root for football in general. Can't see latching onto another team. Been a Bears fan my whole life because my grandpa was a big Chicago fan and I remember watching games with him when I was little. Just wouldn't be the same to say I was a fan of another team.

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'd go to the bears for sure. I already follow them so it would be a smooth transition. Although losing the pats would freaking suck.

20. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Seeing as Barry Sanders made me a Lions fan back in the 80's, I would have to say them. I almost had to follow a different team. Thank God I didn't have to.