Michael Vick suspension without a legal charge? Not bloody likely

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by indysteve1563, May 30, 2007.

1. If the policy's written as I have seen it, then Vick's hecked. If in fact he was involved in dog-fighting, then he's REALLY hecked. A no-win situation if ever I saw one.

2. happ

happ PECAVI

If he is suspended without any charges being filed, then you bet the NFLPA is gonna be all over Goodell's butt.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Totally agreed. The allegations certainly put Vick and the NFL in a bad light, but if they don't end up charging files...no way should he be suspended.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

just a thought why would the nflpa get invovled if they have been quit so far with other players suspensions

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Charges filed and convictions.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

What a crock of crap....charges filed but no convictions can get you a one year suspension without pay.....and the last bit of trouble that Pacman got into no charges have been filed but Goodell said see ya Pac anyway...They better nail Vicks butt to the freaking wall.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

thats what i was talking about

8. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I read this on PFT:

"As an industry source reminded us on Tuesday, the revised policy states that, 'nless the case involves significant bodily harm, a first offense will generally not result in discipline until there has been a disposition of the proceeding.'

But, as we see it, the key word is 'generally,' and we believe that Jeff Pash or some other legal heavy-hitter made sure to insert that word in order to preserve for Goodell the ability to make an exception where, for example, a player's alleged off-field misconduct has been extremely detrimental to the integrity of, and public confidence in, the game of professional football.
    "

So if I don't misunderstand, he could be suspended even without charges, right?

9. jagfangirl27

jagfangirl27 Queen bitch of all that

That's my understanding of it.