Your NFL Team Is Gone, What Team Do You Root For Now?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sweets, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

Ive already been a fan of the entire NFL for years now LOL

My primaries are
    Rams
    Packers
    Redskins
    Giants
    Eagles
    Bears
    Browns

after that its what ever I feel like paying attention to that day LOL

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would probably follow the 49ers or the Packers. In the 80's, I followed that Niners team pretty close. Was a big fan of Joe Montana. The Packers, I just like the heritage and the team. Detroit could be a possibility as well...just for the fact that they've never won anything...

At the same time...it could all change based on the players, teams and style of play that the teams in the NFL had at the time the Steelers ceased to exist. But I would gravitate towards the Packers or Niners first...

Good question...

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I'd be a Redskins fan. My brother was a Redskins fan and when we were little it was all about the Hogs and Riggins. Eventually I took to the Oilers, but I first rooted for the Redskins because my brother did. Damn, I should have stayed on that ride. I'm still waiting for the first ring for the boys in two tone blue.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'd root for the Chargers, being from Tijuana and all. Besides, all my teams fall short every year, so they'd be the perfect fit.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

For me, it would be whoever is playing the Packers.

6. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

i live an hour away from Frankfurt :icon_wink:

on topic: i would root for the seahawks. i like their jersey ^^

7. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I have so many fond memories from there. Would be great to go back as an adult!

8. mcrann1

mcrann1 Rookie

You stay with the team you brought to the party. In my case it's the Chicago Bear's. The team is going through some rough times right now. They will bounce back they always do. Losing three DT's in eight weeks would be tough on any team. I look for some good things coming out of Chicago before the season is finished.

Draft futures would include drafting on the D-Line and Secondary and the need for an additional combination RB /TE that can block with soft hands. In 1988 the Bear's draft a FB from Stanford solid player Brad Muster 6'3 235 good speed 4.54 that is what the Bear's need.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

The question was what if the Chicago Bears were no more. defunct, moved, whatever...

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I honestly don't know. A few years ago I would have thought it would be my father's team (Steelers), or my brother's team (49ers), but both franchises have had so much success that it would be hard for me to root for them.

I think I would root for an individual player, then end up following that franchise.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

The bears need a fullback?

And "Bears" isn't possessive, its plural. No apostrophe.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Never be a fan of any team besides the Bears but I know exactly what you mean.

Followed Larry Csonka & Jim Kiick of the Dolphins back in the late '60s as another football fix aside from the Bears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Followed the team all the way thru '74 when Csonka, Kiick, & Warfield jumped to the WFL. Once they were gone, my interest fell off.

Don't see it happening the same way nowadays cuz I'm just not enamored with the 'new' NFL & most of the athletes but if worse came to worse, I'd probably just be a particular athlete groupie.

13. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

This is a little off topic, but I did the same thing with baseball. I really liked Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla when they were with the Pirates. The first I remember getting into MLB. When Barry left to the Giants, I followed him there and that became my favorite team.

14. Tarkus

Roberto Clemente for me outside the Cubs/White Sox. Saw him play at Comiskey Park against the Sox. Was in 7th heaven...

Back on topic :icon_cheesygrin:

If the Bears were gone, I'd have no time for football. I'd be at the grave site every Sunday. Now that I think about it, for many of the years of being a fan, most Sundays have been like that anyway...

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Me too......from the confines of KC. And to think Csonka would probably be fined in the millions of dollars for leading with the crown of his helmet. None better.

16. Tarkus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SF0RaXR4nI]Larry Csonka - Unnecessary roughness while running w/ the football - YouTube[/ame]

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I kind of went through this before. I was a Baltimore Colts fan until they traded away Johnny Unitas, John Mackey and Tom Matte so I chose the next closest team to home and that was the Steelers. But if the Steelers were no more I'd probably do something similar and go with a team close by but it would have to be the Packers I'm afraid and not the Chiefs or Vikes. The Packers being owned by the public and from a small market has always impressed me and the fact that they compete so well with larger markets and travel so well is cool.

18. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member