Bears Might Get QB Jay Cutler Back Vs Dallas

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Dec 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Bears might get Jay Cutler back this week against Dallas, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen:

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/407596681677377537
    The Bears are 6-6 and in the mix for the division title with the Lions and Packers. Josh McCown has played well in Cutler's absence, so much so that some people are wondering if the Bears should stick with McCown over Cutler. So what do Bear fans think? Should Cutler regain the starting job over McCown when he's back healthy? Who gives the team a better chance at the NFC North title and a playoff run?

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I say put Cutler back in. Yeah McCown hasn't played awful but the Rams loss was brutal and the Vikings win yesterday was mostly due to poor defense in timely situations. Cutler gives the Bears the best chance to win the next 4 games imo. Plus Peterson blew up the Bears D pretty good.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Whichever one plays....please beat Dallas.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Cutler historicly has played very well against Dallas

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cutler >>> McCown. If he's healthy, you go with him...no question about it.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I haven't watched enough of the Bears to know this for sure, but it seems like McCown gets more receivers involved. Cutler was almost always looking at Marshall. I could be completely wrong.

7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Always Cutler. He's your starter.

McCown's been a pleasant surprise as a back up but really...this isn't glass slipper time.

8. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Please, start McCown. He's the hot hand!

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

IF Cutler practices Thursday, that will determine his status for the Monday night game against the Cowboys...Atleast that's what I heard yesterday.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That sounds spot on.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Doesn't matter which QB plays if the defense keeps looking like they have been.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They get Cutler back, we get Lee back

13. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Last year it was true but this year, teams have bracketed Marshall leaving Jeffery as the go to guy. Cutler's actually been pretty good about spreading the ball which hasn't helped Marshall's mood none.

McCown's edge is he reads Ds much faster & earlier in the game than Cutler.

14. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

If the defense continues playing like they did the past two weeks it won't matter who's the starting quarterback. They need to get some of those injured players back on D soon or this season will be lost. At .500 things aren't looking too good for Chicago so they'll need to run the table starting with Dallas. With Philly and Green Bay rounding out the Bears schedule, wins versus the Cowboys and Browns are both MUST WIN games.

15. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Payton3434 Dallas's D has had its share of injuries as well. This game is all about the defense and who decides to show up. Anyway it should be a good game.

16. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

I heard today that McCown will start. But that's kind of like the weather forecast. :icon_cheesygrin: