Redskins Looking Into Firing Mike Shanahan Without Paying Him

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Steve12, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

ESPN.com had a curiously timed story on Sunday morning that Shanahan was ready to quit last season because of how owner Daniel Snyder gave preferential treatment to quarterback Robert Griffin III, but stuck around for another season after Griffin got hurt. Whether that story is accurate doesn't really matter. The important takeaway is someone leaked it to ESPN.

The Redskins believe that someone is Shanahan, and they aren't too pleased about it.

The Washington Post reported that the Redskins are looking into whether they can fire Shanahan with cause and therefore not pay him the $7 million he has remaining on his contract for next season. The Post said the Redskins were "sorting through their options" on Monday morning.

Yahoo Sports

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Uh-oh...

He'll get a job based on name alone and probably take that son of his with him...lol.

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

can't wait! kyle has been the main problem to our offense this year! we find a successful way to move the ball and score,and kyle quits doing it.:icon_evil:

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

shanahan isnt too bad their worst out their but his son sucks

5. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Shanahan needs to go. But I am worried RG3 and RG2 are getting too much attention in all of this, and if we get Art Briles just shoot me now. That is the absolute worst move we could ever make. Please let us not allow a player to run the franchise. It is bad enough we have an owner who gets involved in every single decision.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, the son definitely takes him down a notch but i'm not sure mike himself will be that much of a hot commodity either. not sure if he's lost his edge or something but 1 playoff appearance in his last 7 seasons as a HC isn't very good.

7. LebaneseFF

I blame Kyle, he really has no business being an OC

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he should'nt even be allowed to sell hot dogs in an nfl ballpark,much less an OC!

9. LebaneseFF

if only his Daddy realizes that!

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Is there a coaches association, like the NFLPA, to help in these cases? I'm sure that if a team tried to cut a player without pay, we'd be hearing a lot from that DeMaurice guy...

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

There is not one,and it sounded strange to me when i heard there was not one too.
    [​IMG]