Jay Cutler Returns To Throw 3 TDs, Lead Bears Past Browns

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Dec 15, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jay Cutler shook off some early rustiness and threw three touchdown passes in his first start since Nov. 10, leading the Chicago Bears to a 38-31 win Sunday over the Cleveland Browns.

Cutler, who missed Chicago's previous four games with a sprained left ankle, threw a 4-yard TD pass to Earl Bennett with 5:41 left as Bears (8-6) rallied in the second half and stayed in contention for an NFC playoff spot.

Cutler finished 22 of 31 for 265 yards and validated first-year coach Marc Trestman's decision to stick with him over backup Josh McCown, who had played well while filling in for Chicago's starter.

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20131215_CHI@CLE

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Missed the game but glad they got the win.

3. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

He had 2 sloppy interceptions.
    Do bears fans want Cutler long term? or do you guys believe in McCown for one year whilst you guys draft a QB?

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Wouldn't base a knee jerk reaction for giving up on Cutler from a long layoff from injury & shaky early showing. Wouldn't put him on a pedestal for the win either but still feel like he's an upper tier QB worthy of the money at this stage. He performed well & impressively under pressure from the McCown media/fan crowd & playing behind late.

If Trestman continues his history of 'QB whispering', there's definitely going to be opportunities to groom a later round QB in the next few years. McCown should be resigned & if he realizes that Trestman's system & this stable of WRs are the reasons why his stock has risen so quickly, he'll not bolt for money elsewhere. There's job security here in Chi-Town...

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if the bears can win their last 2 games, they actually have a decent shot at winning their division even though the Lions hold the tiebreaker. The Lions could trip up and lose one of their last 3 games.

However, it's not going to be easy for the bears to win next weekend in prime time at the Eagles. I could see the Lions losing one more game but i'm not sure they will lose 2 of their last 3 so the Bears really need to win out to have a chance at this point.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

It would be nice for the playoff experience but we're so bad on D that it's like racing to get to your funeral.

7. Badger

Badger Rookie

As much as Id love to jump all over Cutler for those 2 picks, he did make some pretty sick passes.

DaBearsrule4ever and Steve12 like this.
  8. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Go with whats working. Can you imagine if we keep McCown the starter and win the superbowl!!
    I know our defense(well it's not defense)is pathetic at best but sometimes the best defense is a great offense.
    I know it's a strech but hey it could happen.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

That td pass that he threw jefreies was like a fair catch kick!

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think cutler could easily be a top 10 quarterback if he gets a whole offseason under Trestman. I think they'll franchise him, he excels next year, then gets his deal.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro