Super Bowl bid loss puts Indianapolis in rare air

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by indysteve1563, May 29, 2007.

1. I think it is a matter of time before Indianapolis hosts a Super Bowl....certainly within the next 5 years or so.

2. cashtool

cashtool Silly Goose

Another cold weather (domed) Super Bowl? I don't know why they say Indy is such a strong candidate. It's a nice city with a good downtown area, but it's certainly not large enough to host a Super Bowl, nor is the weather something people will enjoy in February.

3. jagfangirl27

jagfangirl27 Queen bitch of all that

The NFL really likes Florida, it seems, and at the very least they seem to favor temperate weather for the Super Bowl. I don't see Indy being a very strong candidate ever.

4. cashtool

cashtool Silly Goose

The Super Bowl is the most corporate of all championships. Most of the people there haven't even been to a game the entire year. Hence they want the nice weather.

5. Stockers

Stockers Duck Fuke

What a crap choice for a Superbowl. It'd help not to put into a city that doesn't give a crap about football. Nice Superbowl parade they had, I've seen more people turn out to see my Sunday 6-a-side football league. :rolleyes:

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If the Colts had an outdoor stadium instead of a dome, Indianapolis wouldn't even be considered knowing it's a cold weather city. Dome staudums are the main reason why a cold weather city would ever get a super bowl. By the way, aren't the Colts supposed to be getting a new stadium soon?

7. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Yeah, I'm sure the Baltimorons would've been out in -10 degree weather in full force if they had a nice climate controlled dome they could sit in and wait for the celebration to come to them while watching the Super Bowl yet again.

Scheduled to open in 2008, and it's a retractable roof stadium (even has a retractable side panel), not a dome.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

No one wants to go to Indianapolis is Feb, Cashtool is correct there and it's not about the team, its about making as much money as possible and you can do that in a city that's frozen.

9. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

If they can hold one in Minnesota...

10. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I don't know about the city of Indianapolis in particular but I think every city with a new stadium will/would/should have a shot at hosting a Super Bowl.