With Jay Cutler deal, Bears lock in future

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by 86WARD, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

He got going rate for veteran quarterbacks teams don't want to lose, and could end up being cost-effective

Phil Emery was with the Bears when the team had a quarterback carousel that spun faster than amusement rides should go.[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Source: Continue reading...

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I gotta say this deal took me by surprise. But I like it. I think he can be really good, and the deal is team friendly. Plus we all know the years on an NFL contract don't mean anything.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yep, typically just the first few years/guaranteed money Is all that matters. I think its about $18 mill/yr which is a lot for an "ok" qb but that's what the position pays nowadays

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Have my reservations about this to a degree but overall think this is a good deal considering how insane NFL owners are throwing money at QBs like drunks at a strip club.

Stability in this offense is key & regardless of a nice run by McCown against lesser Ds, he's the guy that can give it.

5. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I dont like this for how much cutler gets hurt and he turns the ball over too much.

6. Steve12

His turnovers already went down this season. With a whole offseason to work with trestman and all of those pieces will help even more.

The injury thing is a legit concern though. The dude needs to play all the games.

7. CaptainStubing

yes, but is cutler better than alex smith?

8. Steve12

Plzdiethx lol

CaptainStubing likes this.
  9. Tarkus

Did misfitz put you up to this?

10. MadMoxxiFavGun

nope. cutler threw for less touchdowns, threw for more picks despite only playing 10 games. cutler only has alex beat for yards per attempt.

11. CaptainStubing

smith is just a dink and dunk qb. not much is expected of him in that offense.

Steve12 likes this.
  12. MadMoxxiFavGun

if compare Donovan McNabb's numbers form his 2nd season. alex has him beat

13. Steve12

Am I missing the relevance?

14. MadMoxxiFavGun

this is alex's first year under andy reid. McNabb became a much better passer as he learned reid's system. alex is smarter than McNabb. he picked it up a year faster.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Still missing the relevance. Reid isn't running the same system, and Alex has almost a decade more league experience now than Dono did then.

16. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

I didnt put him up to it but glad to see he said it.........The Bears face palm on this deal. You are over paying for a marginal qb who makes terrible decisions and got outplayed by his backup. Sorry but Cutler sucks and this deal is a joke have fun being average Chicago.

ragman likes this.
  17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed.

18. Steve12

Says the Cowboys fan lol.

19. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

20. Tarkus

& here I thought your exercise routine would help reduce the fat between your ears. :p