Dell vs. HP or Whatever Else.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by themush, Dec 31, 2013.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Need a new puter. Looking a Dell Inspiron something or another and a HP Envy something or other. I have no set price point but I don't need the world's most powerful laptop either. Just something nice with neat little features that I will never learn to use but are cool to say I have.

Hit me wit cher knowledge.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

No real knowledge here, but when I was looking for a computer someone told me to avoid dell.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Compaq sucks.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

My wife has a Sony Vaio that we both really like. Cost like $1200 a couple years ago and still runs like new.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

we used to have a gateway PC. now we have a dell laptop and i just got my older son an ibm laptop.my PC went down because of a virus thanks to Jr's music downloading but other than that it was a great PC. never had an issue with the dell laptop.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Have a Dell now. Have had the Inspiron Laptop for the last 5-6 years and the thing still runs great *knock on wood.*. Looking to get a MacBookPro though...

Aussie61 and bigsexyy81 like this.
  7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i have had 2 hp products,and they both died way too soon,so i just get dell stuff now.

Aussie61 likes this.
  8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

My first PC was a HP desktop, and it ran for about 10 years. My latest is a Toshiba laptop. No problems in 4 years, except for a DSL modem that died in a power surge.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Mac, mofo!

Aussie61 likes this.
  10. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

build your own. its like legos. better money / performance ratio

11. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Yep,I had a HP,thought I was buying a quality brand.Screwer died way too soon as well.Now I have an i Mac.Best thing I ever did!

Diesel44 likes this.
  12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Still have an hp upstairs that is so hecked up nobody can figure out how to fix it.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Never had issues with dell not toshiba but Macs are awesome

14. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

have you tried installing a new OS on a new harddrive?

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

tried all kinds of crap! even the pros have no idea why it is so hecked up or how to fix it!

16. ragman

Tried Best Buy's The Geek Squad?

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

roanoke is the closest best buy 60 miles from here,so next trip up there,i am gonna drop it by there to see what they think!

18. ragman

Diesel, they're good, but they are kind of expensive.

19. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

It all depends on what model you plan on getting. All HPs aren't created equally, same with Dell.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I still have a Dell Dimension 2400 Desktop from 2001 and the thing still works but it's slowing down on a daily basis...lol.