Father Sentenced To 6 Months In Jail For Paying Too Much Child Support

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Jan 11, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

A father will spend half of 2014 behind bars for doing too much for his son. After overpaying child support and seeing his son too often - breaking terms that were secretly modified without his knowledge - a judge sentenced him to a lengthy jail sentence.

Clifford Hall has been doing his best to give care to his 11-year-old son, who lives with his ex-wife. He pays his child support and visits regularly. "I'm his father it's my responsibility to take care of him," Hall said.

Last November, his child support payments were paid in full. Sometime between then and now, the child support agreement between Hall and his wife was modified without his knowledge.

Hall wound up overpaying by $3,000, a fact that Harris County District Court Judge Lisa Millard found contemptible.

Another term that was modified without his knowledge was his visitation schedule. Subsequently, Hall was found to have over-visited his son.

Judge Millard ended up finding Hall in contempt of court.

Source: http://www.sott.net/article/271748-...ths-in-jail-for-paying-too-much-child-support

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

You have honestly got to be kidding me. Is there seriously no common sense left anywhere at all?

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah this is sort of inaccurate.

86WARD and Steve12 like this.
  4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Oh good. Just a crapty reporter twisting facts for some pub. That actually makes me feel better.

86WARD likes this.
  5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah me too, I figured there had to be more to the story. There's no way anyone's going to jail for overpaying someone.

86WARD likes this.
  6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I still think it is hecked up that the terms were modified without his knowledge and he got arrested because of it.

Steve12 and Aussie61 like this.
  7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good...glad there's a little more to this story...

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Probobly not even his kid

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cause he's black?

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

That one caught me offguard...

Can't remember the last thing I read on the internet that wasn't true.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, it sounds like the guy was $3k past due and then paid it at the last minute right before his court date but by then the mother had already accumulated another $3k in attorney's fees trying to get the money.

Not sure i'm feeling real sorry for this guy even though he doesn't sound like a horrible father. he didn't keep up with his crap and sometimes that will come back to bite you in the butt.

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

MURICA

13. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Hey, at least the guy is trying to do right. The mom should be happy he isn't a deadbeat dad. Sucks he went to jail though.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

they weren't ... he has to at least be served for any mods to go through. its on him if he doesnt appear at the hearing.

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

our judges here in america are just flat out stupid,in keeping with that,i'd be shocked if it were NOT true!

16. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

"I didn't know" is such a strong defense, especially with the IRS. When there's a modification to a divorce settlement it isn't simply a change requested by one of the 'combatants' and accepted by a judge. There's always a hearing with both parties in attendance....unless someone just blows off the hearing. @smeags is 100% correct. This dude is lying through his teeth (almost said pearly whites but didn't want to appear racist).

86WARD likes this.
  17. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

This is like a Maury Povich show