Seattle Seahawks fans generated earthquake on Marshawn Lynch TD run

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sportsguy, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Seismologists say Seahawks fans shook the ground under Seattle's CenturyLink Field during Saturday's defeat of the New Orleans Saints, causing another fan-generated earthquake.

The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynch's famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game.

John Vidale of the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network (PNSN) at the University of Washington told The Seattle Times they will know for sure in a few days.

Source: Continue Reading

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They will collapse some bleachers eventually. And I will laugh.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Who didn't see this story coming?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's all fake...

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Beast mode motherheckers

6. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

screw Seattle and their worthless fan base. Seattle won't even come close to winning a Super Bowl with that offense on a neutral field.

• Pete Carol cheated in college -
    • Pete Carol cheats in the NFL - roids
    • The owners cheat by building stadiums specialized to increase noise and they hand out cone type megaphones because they can't freaking win without cheating

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

true and it's not like the saints benefit from their building or have a coach who got caught doing something illegal according to league rules.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  8. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

the difference is punishment was way to harsh.. lost draft picks plus lost a coach for an entire season!! Carol hasn't stopped the roid use yet nothing has happened to him on the Seahawks..

And out Dome wasn't built to be "loud" and we certainly don't bend the rules by passing out horns to fans!!

PS - The Saints got punished for crap that takes place in High School football, College football and certainly NFL football. Ask any former coach/player and they will will agree. The NFL will punish teams for hard hitting action but not for RIODS?

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

why the superdome was built is irrelevent. point is the crowd noise is aided tremedously by the dome (moreso then any outdoor stadium old or new) so to complain about another team that hasn't had the nfl come down on them for their building design or whatever they are handing out at games seems like sour grapes to me.

btw - payton got what he deserved. defend and deflect it all you want but he got caught.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

The old RFK stadium in DC was loud as heck! it would have shattered the world record had it had a dome! people would get to yelling and stamping their feet,and iswear the place would sway from side to side.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

dont get me wrong, i'm not giving seattle fans credit as being the grestest fans ever like the media does but they do hold their own.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Agree,but the nfl is full of fanatical loud fans wherever you go,win or lose,they will be there week after week.

13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

these are some intense fans