My Strange Morning Conversation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Steve12, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Ok so I got get to work this morning, and we spread out to do stretches like always. Me and this other guy are talking about the games, and the conversation just went to places I never expected, and it went quick. So here is the conversation as close to word for word as I remember it. Hopefully you guys get some sort of entertainment out of it, or something. Just try to follow along. This is hard to convey via message board.

Guy #1 - And my hatred for Peyton Manning grows.

Me - You hate Peyton Manning? I love Peyton Manning.

Guy #1 - I just have no respect for him.

Me - How can you not respect Peyton Manning?

Guy #2(Barging in from nowhere) - *Sarcasm* Oh how many Super Bowls has Peyton won? How many times has he lost to Tom Brady?

Guy #1 - I just don't respect him because of how he had the rules changed because the Patriots defenders used to be so physical with his receivers when he was with the Colts .

Me - Yea he babyed about it, but he's played with the same rules as everyone else since then and he's still just better than almost every other QB,

Guy #2 - *More dbag sarcasm* Oh, how many national titles did Peyton Manning win? ZERO

Me - National Titles? What like college? Who cares? Tim Tebow was one of the greatest college players of all time. Is he better than Peyton Manning?

This is where the conversation starts getting really stupid.

Guy #2 - Tim Tebow is better than 90% of the QBs in the NFl right now.

Me - *Baffled look* Are you serious? Tebow can't even throw.

Guy #2 - If you could have Kellen Clemens or Tim Tebow, who would you take?

Me - Kellen Clemens. Tebow is crap.

Guy #2 - I can name 13 QBs right now that aren't as good as Tim Tebow. Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Tebow is a winner

Me - That was a fluke. He made 1 throw the whole game, and it just happened to be to a wide open receiver after a blown coverage in overtime. If Tebow was so good he'd still be in the league.

And here he goes full ragman. Guy #1 is pretty much just standing there staring back and forth.
    Guy #2 - Tebow isn't in the league because we live in a Christian hating society.

Me - *Stunned silence, staring at him* Are you kidding me? We lived in a society controlled by Christians. When's the last time you saw an Atheist elected to public office?

Guy #2 - Try going to school and saying something bad about God. You'd get expelled!

Me - You have no idea what you're talking about. If it was a Christian hating society, you would get expelled for saying you love God, not for saying you hate him. This country it run by people of the Christian faith, that's just a fact. Good or bad, it's true.

Guy #2 - Our president is a Muslim!

Me - Dude come on. Obama is a Christian.

Guy #2 - Oh yea? Look at his name. That's a Muslim name.

Me - *Walking away* People aren't grouped into religion based on their names, man. That's freaking ignorant.

Conversation ends because stretches are over.

Ok so there it is. I just felt like I should get that out there. This was only about a 2 minute conversation that went from Peyton Manning to Tim Tebow to our Muslim President. I just thought it was nuts, and not where I thought it was going to go. Especially considering it was only 6 in the morning. Way too early for crap like that.

I feel like @ball in the baskett. Long rant about my day with no real point lol.

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

How did he go full ragman if wasn't in all caps?

Omen likes this.
  3. Steve12

Fair question. I was referring to the IQ level behind his replies. Perhaps if he had been submitting his responses to me in writing there would have been a lot of caps.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Did anyone go H2H during stretches?

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

How did you not drop to the floor in hysterical laughter?

6. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Your co-worker sounds like a tard.

Steve12 likes this.
  7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

lol at all the things he said about tebow

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I hope you're all getting your jollies and you're all amused. I am not!:angry:

86WARD likes this.
  9. DaBears22

I called Steve's co-worker a tard, not you ragman.

10. Steve12

I was actually getting irritated. Not even because of what he was saying, but the way he was saying it. Ignorance at that level is just so incredible, it's hard to even laugh at. I mean you guys know me, I don't have any problem debating religion and whatever, but the person I'm talking to has to be at least halfway competent. And the fact that me and guy #1 were having a simple conversation about sports and guy #2 just jumped in and hijacked it. I got a little irritated.

Guy #1 ended up coming over to me a while later basically like, Wtf was that dude talking about.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This is why there are office shootings.

12. Steve12

Crap I work in a warehouse. I could cut the dude in half with a clamp truck if I wanted to lol. Raise the world's collective iq a little bit.

13. Steve12

This is actually the first real conversation I've ever had with him. We talked briefly about the national championship game because he's an Alabama fan too, but that's it. So needless to say he makes a very poor first impression.

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Next time you see guy #2 approach him, tell him that you weren't formally introduced and that your name is Steve Abdul Khadim. And please have your Smartphone with you to tape it.

Steve12 likes this.
  15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

:angry:

16. DaBears22

Uh, ok. lol

Steve12 likes this.
  17. Steve12

That was exactly my response.

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I can't deal or put up with stupid people , I've walked away from people before.

19. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker