Seattle Seahawks CB Richard Sherman calls San Francisco 49ers WR Michael Crabtree 'mediocre'

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sportsguy, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The NFC Championship Game was decided when Richard Sherman made the play of the game. Then he followed it up with the quote of the day.

Sherman deflected a Colin Kaepernick pass intended for Michael Crabtree in the end zone. The ball was intercepted by linebacker Malcolm Smith with 22 seconds remaining to seal the Seahawks' 23-17 win against the San Francisco 49ers.

After the game, Sherman, known for his bold statements, took a shot at Crabtree.

"I'm the best corner in the game," Sherman said on the field immediately after the game. "When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you going to get."

Crabtree appeared irritated when told of Sherman's comments.

"He's a TV guy. I'm not a TV guy," Crabtree said. "He didn't make any other plays in the game. ... But he made a good play there. He can keep talking. ...

"You make one play and you talk? Good play."

Source: ESPN

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

If the seahawks win the sb,next season's 1st game will be between the 49ers and the seahawks from san fran,especially if the 49ers new stadium opens next year.
    does it open next year or are they playing elsewhere while it is under construction?

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Apparently it will be open in time for the next season and will host a soccer game for the 'grand' opening.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I love the seahawks 49ers rivalry lately this stuff like this just makes it better

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

that is where the thursday night opening night game will be played.
    sherman runs his mouth,but he does back it up.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Obviously he is just talking crap, but Crabtree is more than just mediocre.

Sherman is a better corner than Crabtree is a receiver though, obviously. [/miketomlin]

Omen likes this.
  7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Guys like Sherman do nothing for me. I know a lot of people enjoy that part of the game, the trash talking, the dancing, the drama.....

I could live with or without it. I just don't pay attention to it because it takes away from the game itself.

Unfortunately, now this will be the main story line for the game instead of the game itself.

Aussie61 likes this.
  8. 86WARD

86WARD -

First of all, it was nice to see someone interviewed with emotion and not trained by a PR guy.

Second, he pretty much speaks the truth. Crabtree is pretty mediocre.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'd rather see Sherman play for the Cowboys than Carr.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This is the second thread you've said that in and I still don't know what the hell you're taking about.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

sherman is the best cb in the league now. i wished he played for the redskins.

Steve12 and ragman like this.
  12. ragman

*sigh* All right. I'll explain it to you since you don't seem to get it. Carr plays CB for the Dallas Cowboys. IMO, he has not played up to the $50 million contract that the Cowboys signed him to. Richard Sherman plays CB for the Seattle Seahawks. IMO, he plays the position with a passion that I wish Carr had. Now, do you get it? :duh:

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Maybe he doesn't get what it has to do with anything in this thread.

There are A LOT of players I wish they played for the Cowboys, but I won't go to every thread about them to say it.

Just sayin'

Steve12 likes this.
  14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wish Sherman played CB for the Steelers along side Ike Taylor. I also wished the Steelers took Sean Lee over Jason Worilds. I also wish the Steelers were playing the Texans in the Super Bowl next week. But that's just me.

Aussie61 likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't imagine there being many fans who wouldn't want Mr. Sherman on their team.

16. ragman

Has anyone what he's now saying? He's saying that calling someone a thug is a more accepted way of using the N word.

Thoughts?

17. CaptainStubing

Well, anyone calling him a thug is not describing Sherman properly. He is simply emotionally immature. A more accurate description would be d-bag or mental midget.

Aussie61 likes this.
  18. smeags

smeags militant geek

so wait - all those years people were actually calling mafia members the "N" word ?

CaptainStubing likes this.
  19. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Couldn't agree more.He made a great play,now STFU and enjoy the moment with your TEAM mates.You know,the other 52 guys who got the TEAM where it is now.
    Call me old fashioned,but my coaches taught me that respect is earnt by what you do,not what you say.

20. CaptainStubing

You are correct. The word thug has been around forever and is used to describe thieves, bullies, robbers, etc. obviously Sherman is not a criminal so whoever is calling him that is misusing the word