Seattle Seahawks CB Richard Sherman apologizes for ripping Michael Crabtree

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sportsguy, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman has apologized a day after targeting the play ofSan Francisco 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree with several harsh rebukes after Sunday night's NFC Championship win.

Sherman's deflection of a pass intended for Crabtree in the end zone during the closing minute, which bounced into the grasp of Seahawks linebacker Malcolm Smith, sealed the 23-17 win over the visiting 49ers to earn Seattle a matchup with the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl.

"I apologize for attacking an individual and taking the attention away from the fantastic game by my teammates ... That was not my intent," Sherman said Monday in a text message to ESPN's Ed Werder.

Sherman also addressed his postgame comments in an interview Monday with ESPN Radio on the "SVP and Russillo" show.

"Obviously I could have worded things better and could obviously have had a better reaction and done things differently," he said during the interview. "But it is what it is now, and people's reactions are what they are."

Source: ESPN

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

More apologizing to Erin Andrews and his teammates. I don't see an apology to the mediocre receiver.

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Seattle ownership and/or Carroll probably made Sherman apologize. Not sure if he really needed to, IMHO.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I hate these day after apologies.

Omen likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Unnecessary apology that will not be remembered anyway.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He didnt do anything wrong.

Omen likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

dude it was hilarious.. here's the extended version in case you missed it..

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

His play is what drives me to like him. His mouth? Once again, his play makes me find it entertaining.

His play even makes me like his music:

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

you said it, be a man and stick to it. dont want to have to apologize, think before you speak.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm sure sherman got a lot of pressure from people around the league, his team, and agent to apologize.

i don't really care for the trash-talking and celebrating after a 5 yard run so i just ignore it. It shows the players has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old. In this case, Sherman put the spotlight on himself and took away from his team's accomplishments, which is pretty selfish, but he's just another major d-bag and that's what d-bags do...... there is a lot of them......... woodhead, moreno, steve smith .......... those types of guys are mental midgets.

i'll take a guy like barry sanders or walter payton any day of the week over a d-bag. they just went out and dominated their opponents and after shoving the ball down the defenses throat and getting into the endzone, they would hand the ball to the ref and jog to the sideline. Hmmm, what a novel idea.

Tarkus likes this.
  11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Don't care for it but have come to ignore it. More about the play on the field.

One thing I did like was the Lynch TD where he waved off the nonsense:

[​IMG]

Showed a little class from the past...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I dont think he needs to apologize to crabtree or andrews. he was just riled up after the game

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Did anyone see the story about the person who owned a Richard Sherman football card who sold it on ebay right after his rant Sunday night? Sold it for $1,475.

14. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Wow

Lucky guy... now he can go buy 700 more packs of cards.. ha

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

This seems to be the prevailing defense from his supporters and i would buy it a little more if this was an isolated incident. However, this guy acts like this generally every play of the game so it doesn't really apply here.