What is behind your username?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by LebaneseFF, Jan 22, 2014.

1. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

For me it's simple. Lebanese (my nationality) and FF (Fantasy Football) it's also my twitter handle. :)

Interested in finding out some of yours. especially

@themush
    @smeags

lol :)

oh and does @Kurt stand for :) hahah

Aussie61 likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Originally when I joined Gif, I was MikeTSZ. I came over to create a link between my old message board and GIF. Things went sour on my old board, so I stayed at GIF and got SRW to remove the TSZ part.

Aussie61 and LebaneseFF like this.
  3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

My name and Brady 's number. Pretty simple lol.

DaBears22, Aussie61 and LebaneseFF like this.
  4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I joined GIF as @127markaz only because it's my Gmail account name. Then changed it to @127 because that's how other members always referred to me (127markaz just a pain to type out) and then @markaz when all of a sudden usernames less than 4 characters were no longer accepted by the software.

Aussie61 and LebaneseFF like this.
  5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Before I joined any NFL message board communities such as this one, I used to go to the Eagles opponents' official boards each week in 2002. I would change my user name at each board with a players name and some sort of prediction. I remember being StaleyTD and FreemanTD before using DawkinsINT on the Giants MB. Once I realized that a lot of Eagles fans were going to the opponents boards each week (it's how I got to know Smeags), I stuck with this name so they would know it was me.

6. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

was sportsguy9695 and asked srw you remove 9695 thats why im only sportsguy now

7. LebaneseFF

DO any of you know each other in real life?

I've actually met some of my fellow posters on another site when I went to the US, it was very awkward to say the least but once we got past the we are meeting each other from the Internet I made friends for life.

My username over the years:

Netsforever - 1999
    Kiddnets2004 - 2004 (kidd and Nets + the year)
    Ala - 2007 (Was given to me by my friend which I made above, also a reference to GOD in Arabic, but also the first 3 letters of my family name)
    Praise Ala- 2009 (also given to me by that same friend)
    Jad is Good- 2010 (I hated Praise Ala, as in praise the lord, it was too Islamic for me and I am not even Muslim) I still have that username on DSP
    Whomewhome - 2007 (I used that as a double account on PSD)
    Finally
    LebaneseFF (I am sticking to this one)

Aussie61 likes this.
  8. LebaneseFF

What did the 9695 stand for ? or was it random?

Aussie61 likes this.
  9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Motherf*cker was taken so I just went with this...

Used it at every site I've gone to for the simple reason that if I run across anyone I've known, they don't have to spend the extra effort to learn to hate me all over again.

Guess I'm sensitive to my fellow posters needs. Just how I roll...

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I was born in Tijuana. Around here, people from Tijuana are called "T.J." Pretty simple, uh?

I only know @Fez in real life. I have several of you freakers added on facebook.

DaBears22 likes this.
  11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Rags was my father's nickname when he was in the military in the 50s.

12. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I'm a Bears fan and I'm a big Forte fan so that's how DaBears22 came about.

Aussie61 likes this.
  13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

its just random

Aussie61 likes this.
  14. 86WARD

86WARD -

My last name is Ward and when I played for the Steelers my number was always 86...except for when I was a rookie...in training camp, it was 15. But 15Ward just didn't have a nice ring to it so I went with 86WARD.

DaBears22, ICECOLD, Aussie61 and 3 others like this.
  15. Steve12

I first registered at GIF probably like 9 or 10 years ago. My username was woodprior383. That was back when Kerry Wood and Mark Prior were the saviors for us Cubs fans. The numbers were for Dale Earnhardt(3) and Dale Earnhardt Jr.(8). That's the username I used pretty much everywhere. It's one of the emails I still use too. Give me a break, I was only 12.

That stint on the site ended kinda poorly. I'm pretty bummed I didn't come back sooner than I did.

Aussie61 likes this.
  16. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Holy crap...you're woodprior? I had no idea!! I wondered what had happened to that guy o_O

Aussie61 and Steve12 like this.
  18. Steve12

Lol not sure if srs

Aussie61 likes this.
  19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

hank aaron was my fave athelete when i played little league way back when,and he wore 44. john riggins became my fave redskins player in 1980,his nickname was diesel,so i just combined the two and called myself
    Diesel 44".

DaBears22 and Aussie61 like this.
  20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Omen goes with my birth name like peanut butter and jelly. I've used this username at all the forums I've visited.

I don't know anyone on here in the flesh even though there's a couple of is that live fairly close. but I've been here far too long to let that stop me from friendship with some of these unsavory bastards.