NFL commissioner Roger Goodell not a fan of Richard Sherman's postgame rant

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Sportsguy, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Add NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to the list of those not pleased with Richard Sherman's rant following the Seattle Seahawks' victory in the NFC Championship Game.

"No, I'm not cheering for that," Goodell said on "CBS This Morning" on Thursday, referring to comments Sherman made about San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree following the Seahawks' thrilling 23-17 victory last weekend. "(Sherman) is such a great young man. He is extremely well-spoken, does great things off the field, obviously a great player on the field. I want him to present himself in the best possible way and make sure that he is reflecting on himself and his family in a positive way."

Sherman tipped a pass in the end zone that was intended for Crabtree in the closing moments of Sunday's game. Seahawks linebacker Malcolm Smith intercepted the ball, sending Seattle to its second Super Bowl in franchise history.

Immediately following the game, Sherman was interviewed on Fox Sports and was asked to describe the play.

"I'm the best corner in the game,'' Sherman said, yelling. "When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you're gonna get. Don't you ever talk about me."

Source: ESPN

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why do people feel the need to say that african american players are "well spoken?"

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

It's like when white players are "deceptively fast." Generally they aren't, so it's noteworthy.

Classic stereotypes.

Tarkus and 86WARD like this.
  4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Not surprised with Goodell's opinion on this topic.

I honestly don't think Sherman said anything wrong.

Omen likes this.
  5. 86WARD

86WARD -

He really didn't. He just brought some attitude and trash talk to the "Live TV." Big deal...

DaBearsrule4ever likes this.
  6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

It's funny how the media is making a big deal about this. It's not like Sherman threatened anyone. He called Michael Crabtree mediocore, WHOOPTY DO.

7. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

because if they don't youll have hear said black player talk about it all day long anyway.

8. ram29jackson

he got fined 7 thou something ?...not even $10,000?

come on, a bigger fine at least

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

He got extra credit for syntax...

ram29jackson and DawkinsINT like this.
  10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He gave a choke signal. He didn't rape anyone. I can't stand people who get butthurt over trash talk. It's a part of the game.

11. ram29jackson

I'm just saying I don't know where they came up with that funny number for a fine?
    did someone have a bill to pay and figured they'd just fine him that amount to cover it ? LOL

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

That $7000+ fine has been thrown around at players before...lol.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I find it hilarious that Sherman got fined for this and Lynch got fined for not talking to the press

I know Sherman "fine" wasn't for the rant but I'm sure it played into it.

Make up your mind for freaks sake.

Oh you better talk to the press but do it how we want it.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Goodall doesn't want Sherman to act like an African Booty Scratcher

15. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

How about this.Goodell is pissed that Sherman got his suspension revoked so now Goodell will come after him any chance he gets.

16. ram29jackson

interesting

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

To highlight that not all sound like Shannon Sharpe and Jameis Winston because God knows thinking that AfAms all sound like those two would be racist.