Mizzou's Michael Sam says he's gay

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Kurt, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Freak smeags are you going to misinterpret every damn thing I say on this forum?

If YOU are gay how about you answer my question...

Why do gays feel like they have to announce it to the world.

i don't give a crap. Its a none issue. Its like they want attention.. Hey look at me look at me. Get over yourself. If you want approval for your sexuality you should check yourself.

If you are NOT gay, go to a gay bar and then let us know how you feel about taking a shower with one when the choice is not yours . aka NFL locker room.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

@Kurt The reason gays speak out is because they don't have the same rights as straight people. The only way to gain equal rights is to speak up and raise awareness. If black people just shut up and took everything that happened to them, they would still have no rights. Staying quiet when you're being persecuted, judged, and treated like crap is not the way to get better treatment. They don't do it to say, "Hey look at me being different!" They do it to say, "Hey I'm different, but that doesn't mean you can treat me like crap because I'm different and you're a narrow minded bigot."

Everyone deserves fair and equal treatment as long as they give it in return. Don't ask don't tell doesn't help further any equal treatment.

ICECOLD likes this.
  3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Outplayed Elay at Mizzou

4. Kurt

Sounds good but..

What rights do straight people have that gays do Not have?

Can't compare blacks to gays... Entire different animal because black didn't have the same legal rights white did.

Omen likes this.
  5. Steve12

Gays can't get legally married in most states. Just within the last week did the federal court say they would recognize the rights of gay marriages in court. They can't adopt children in all states. They aren't protected by equal employment opportunity act, or the fair housing act. That's a lot of legal rights and protections that one side has and the other doesn't. And obviously that's not everything.

6. Kurt

Oh man I see.. I confused rights with things like voting and sitting anywhere they want on the bus.

I don't care if they get married.. But my gosh raise a kid?? Really? My little sisters are being raised by a lesbian couple... Step mom and uum? Step mom..?? Only time will tell how those three gems turn out.

What employment rights do they not have? Really?

Omen likes this.
  7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

there have been a lot of gay players, just not currently employed in the NFL.

8. Jihad Joe

Has any Lord of the Rings fans ever freaked out because Ian McKellen is gay?

Diesel44 likes this.
  9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

wonder if somebody will give kerry rhodes a chance now that this kid has come out?

10. Steve12

To be honest I'm not really in a debate mood, and I can't tell if you're being a serious rod, or a sarcastic one. So here is the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission overview, which doesn't apply to gays.

And granted they aren't treated as bad as the blacks, but does that really mean they aren't comparable at all? Both want equality, both deserve equality, both are discriminated against based on incredibly stupid reasons that they can't help. I understand what you're saying about them speaking out, but I think you're misinterpreting their motives for doing it.

11. Steve12

I bet there are tons of gay players currently employed in the NFL. Just none of them are openly gay. That's why Michael Sam doing this is making so much news. He's going to be(probably) the first openly gay active NFL player.

12. Buck Fenson

that is what I meant to say. the first open out the closet homosexual.

Steve12 likes this.
  13. Kurt

Well I feel bad now.. Wasn't trying to do anything other than understand and speak my mind.. Unfortunately I have a gift for pissing people off just my opening my mouth.

In the Employment Act link you sent I didn't see an area that covered homosexuals or heterosexuals.

I have homosexual family members and friend's. I'm not against them and love them like they are straight.

I'am however, against people keeping the segregation alive by constantly drawing attention either by protesting for or against it. Ala Al Sharpton as a comparision

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  14. Steve12

I'm not pissed at you man I'm sorry. Just been working alot, getting into it with my bosses, blah blah blah wah wah wah. So maybe I'm a little irritable.

It's not a gay vs straight thing. It's a minority thing. Point is, basically every other minority, group, what have you, is protected from discrimination in hiring and housing except gays. Still, the main thing they seem to want is marriage equality across the board. And the resistance to that is based in religion, which brings me to a whole other level of anger and irritation. But now we're getting sidetracked.

Basically what I'm saying is that I get what you're saying, but I don't think you're correct about their motives. Public figures coming out like this helps them move their cause forward. Right or wrong, that's what it's about. So maybe technically you're right about them saying hey look at me, but I think you're looking at it from a more negative viewpoint.

Kurt likes this.
  15. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The EOC isn't about gays or straights it's race and religion and gender. I have to deal with this crap on a daily basis. As personnel manager for company I work for. Being gay isn't a race nor a gender.

And comparing gays to blacks is preposterous. Seriously when did the state stop letting homosexuals attend schools and segregate them or drink from a heterosexual fountain only.

Steve12 and Kurt like this.
  16. Jihad Joe

I thought he hasnt officially came out

17. Buck Fenson

I bet that back in the day, if the gays were so out in the open they would have been discriminated just as bad as the blacks.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Tom Brady.

Aussie61 likes this.
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Blacks have less rights. Just ask them...

:shocked:

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

So, what happens if this guy ends up being a marginal talent and doesn't make it at the pro level? Does he sue the league claiming discrimination like the Vikings punter?