HDMI Stereo/Home Theater Audio Receiver

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by 86WARD, Feb 16, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Anyone have any experience with a Stereo Receiver that has HDMI Inputs? Looking to get one myself and wondering how they are...

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

If its not compatible with my freaking sweet ass yellow Sports Walkman, then I dont freak with it.

Jihad Joe and DawkinsINT like this.
  3. 86WARD

86WARD -

You wouldn't need anything more than that...problem is, not everyone can attain something like that!

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm looking you purchase a new surround sound. To go with new tV.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

6. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I would never buy any audio/video product without HDMI. The HDMI inputs will give you better quality,cleaner sound and it's the way everything is going now.What is it that you're not sure about Ward?

7. Omen

I've been looking at samsung stuff because that's what kind of tv I got. Wife got new living room set they threw in a TV not. And one either.

They gave us a best buy card at furniture place. For a 60 in sharp 1080 p 120hz. So I got to pick it up and their out of stock, kid says he's got a comparable one

Got a samsung 60" 1080p 240hz.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do you have to have the receiver turned on in order to use the source through the hdmi? Can I watch my TiVo or cable box through the HDMI input, but not have to listen to it through the stereo? Basically, I don't want to always have the stereo on...

Omen likes this.
  9. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

HDMI carries the audio & video signals in the one cable,so if you are watching through the HDMI input,then you have to listen through the HDMI input,which means the stereo will need to be on.
    I'm not familiar with TiVo because it is not very popular over here, so I've never seen a TiVo setup.You may be able to connect your devices in a way to bypass the HDMI if you don't want to use it,however with modern equipment this is getting harder to do.Manufacturers take the view that the HDMI gives you the best quality sound & audio,so why would you not use it? Also there's only so much space on the rear panel of an amp,so it then becomes an issue of "what would most people use?"
    Best advice I can give you is to talk to someone at the Audio store before you spend the cash as they will be more familiar with the equipment you want to purchase.And please remember that HDMI is the new standard that manufacturers have adopted,so all new equipment in the future will use it,so if you decide not to have it then your new stereo could become redundant very quickly.
    Hope this helps.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Found out that the receiver Inwas looking at has a "through" option which will let all the signals through without turning the receiver on...nice feature!!

Everything I'm working with now is pretty much HDMI except for the receiver...

11. Omen

I was wondering the same thing. Because when the wife watches judge judy I don't that in surround sound

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Probably depends on the system?

13. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

WHY THE HELL NOT!! :ROFLMAO:

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

got to listen to JJ in surround sound.