Winter Olympics 2014

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by ollysj, Jan 25, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

But that girl from Russia was awesome. Absolutely flawless, but I think the South Korean gal was going to pull it out. U.S. announcers said her performance was "tight". WTF?

2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Not exactly what they said here. Former multiple olympic medal winnerin Kathi Witt, couldn't belive it and was absolute upset about the jury's scoring.

3. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Canada wins womens hockey gold in overtime thriller! Now looking forward to mens semis.Watch out for Finland,they are playing good team hockey and have great goal tenders!

4. markaz

I agree with Witt. I meant the U.S. announcers said the South Koreans gal's routine was tight....and I didn't see it.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The NY Islanders NHL hockey team isn't too happy with the Olympics. Their captain, Zach Parise, tore his knee up, and is now out for the regular season.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

And Canada beats US men in hockey, 1-0. Glad I didn't stay home to watch it.

7. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Now the US has to keep Justin Bieber :D

I thought it can't become much worse, but our athletes proved me wrong. Evi Sachenbacher-Stehle was caught doping. Now she blame a energy bar for it. Can you be more classless?

Maria Riesch with another 4th place for Germany, biathlon women's relay with a crash early in the race that leads to a broken ski pole and a bad adjusted rifle, plus the horrible crash of Anna Wörner in the skicross race.

Again, we dropped in the medal count, but maybe I'm just used to beeing under the top 3 countries for decades....

8. ragman

Was anyone really surprised that a RUSSIAN girl won the ladies figure skating at the RUSSIAN Winter Olympics? Not me.

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Conspiracy......
    btw, they even won this event in Salt Lake City....

10. ragman

Just saying, Olly.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

USA Hockey really crap the bed in the Bronze Medal Game...why even show up?

12. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Read that Sarah Burke's ashes were spread on the half pipe track by her coach, nice gesture.

FoxSports

Anyone else see that? Football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>speedskating.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Usually the "home team" has an bonus, wherever an event happens. Russian figure skaters dominate this sport for a long time now. A former German skater said it right lately: You fight for silver and bronze, gold is reserved for the Russians

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

The Swedish NHL team, lost to the Canadian NHL team :D

15. markaz

Those energy bars will get you every time. How in the hell is methylhexaneamine going to make you a better skier? Nevermind.....it's a form of speed.

ollysj likes this.