'13-'14 Eagles Off-Season

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Jan 9, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not so sure how serious they are, but with a draft full of good receivers it doesn't hurt to listen.

2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

But he can punt return vs the Giants and win. :steelers:

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If Nix is considered by Kelly and GM as best available then maybe Nix is worth moving up for. But is a DT really what the Eagles need in the first two or three rounds? DB's are definitely a need, but going against the grain I think the Eagles should consider an OLB like Khalil Mack or CJ Mosley (if available). Granted I only saw three Eagles' games last year, but it was evident in those games that the Eagles had little, if any, QB pressure from the outside. (KC, Dallas and New Orleans). Foles bustin' out last year sure took a lot of pressure off.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Mack and Moseley will be longggggggg gone

The Eagles run a 3-4, and edge pressure does nothing if a QB can step up in the pocket. Yes they could use and edge rusher, but the cupbord isnt bare either. You combine Nix and Cox on the inside instantly improves there edge rush buy 1) Not allowing the QB to step up in the pocket 2) Put the QB under duress the minute the ball is snapped buy pushing the pocket back. Wont get high sack numbers from those two ( well maybe Cox) but youll get pressure and 3) Keep blockers off the edge players. Barwin and Cole are both capable of getting consisitant pressure in 1 on 1 matchups.

If you add a player of Nix calibler to your front 5 ( what I call it in a 3-4) it significantly lessesn your need for an elite CB, one you would HOPE to get at 22. A CB at that spot can be one of the bigger crapshoots in the draft

5. DawkinsINT

No shocker....Avant released. Best of luck to him. I'll always be a fan.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

yea we all saw the avant release coming. sucks part of the business.

on drafting nix vs a db. a great dline makes an average secondary look great every time

Jihad Joe likes this.
  7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

bullcrap rumors

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

glad to see maclin back this team has so many weapons should be another good year

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

not so sure. he's already made mention that he hopes the eagles will redo his deal. again. it would take a high draft pick but the guy is one hit away from being on the IR and if there's a draft to go get a replacement its this year.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He's been the second thing since college.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

huh ?

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think he's trying to say that Jackson has been a rod since college...??

13. ragman

Exactly.

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

You mean a Richard?

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

ok that makes sense. actually made sense when rags posted it now that i read his post again.

true statement and thats part of the reason id listen to offers for him. but it would have to be a big offer and i dont see that happening.

16. ragman

Smeags, the word about him when he was at Cal was that he would take plays off if the play didn't specifically involve him. Sort of like Randy Moss.

17. DawkinsINT

Good thing we now have a college scouting report on Jackson since he has no NFL experience at this point in his career.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

yoi guys think he will change when he gets to the pros ?

seriously though, I dont see any team offering what the eagles would want but there are reasons they would at least take the call.

and for the record no, I do not want the eagles to trade him.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

my dream ... 2nd round pick this year for jordan from miami. take nix in the 1st. sign a fa safety. you know one better than cheung.

then imediately cut cheung.

20. DawkinsINT

I'm anti-Jordan. The Fins traded up to draft him. He shows nothing. Then they put him on the block. No thank you.