A fight that would never happen… but should it: Rousey-Mayweather

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by SportsChump, Mar 7, 2014.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Let’s suspend reality for a brief moment.

Let’s pretend we live in an indecent world with no rules or boundaries, you know, the kind of world in which Ray Rice and so many other professional football players live. It’s a world where it’s acceptable to hit women.

Here’s why I bring this up.

One of the faces of MMA, Ronda Rousey, a female and a bad-ass one at that, recently boasted that she could beat Floyd Mayweather in an MMA match.

Now most of you might find such bravado ridiculous. After all, Mayweather will go down, at least in his own mind, as one of the greatest pound-for-pound fighters in boxing history.

There’s no way a woman could ever beat a man in the ring, right?

Embrace the argument at: http://sportschump.net/2014/03/07/a...ppen-but-should-it-rousey-mayweather-2/13472/

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If Rousey were to somehow get Mayweather on the mat, game over. There's nothing Mayweather could do to defend her lightening fast arm bar. Chick or no chick she's that good on the ground.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think she'd take it easily once she got inside. There's no huge size advantage for him and he has (as far as Im aware) little or no previous experience with real wrestling...she'd have to eat a few punches to get in on him, but she should be able to, and it would be game over REAL freaking quick from there.

4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I gotta tell you guys.

I'm actually surprised so many people think Rousey would take Mayweather.

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

This would be in her element and the very first time he can't extend his arms to throw a blow because she's got a hold of him inside or on the ground, party over. With the arm bar, chokes and all the other submissions in her arsenal I just think it would be nearly impossible for Mayweather to defend against those. He just doesn't have the experience and she's that good. IMO him winning is solely based on connecting with one good shot.

Do you think Mayweather has the advantage?

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Well, I agree with most that if she got him on the canvas, it'd be over.

If he were able to keep her at distance and land a few quality shots, that could be all she wrote.

I guess I just thought more people would think he'd be able to take her rather than the other way around.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't know much about her, but I can't believe that a professional Hall Of Fame fighter wouldn't be able to devastate her with quickness before she could get close enough.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

That's more along the lines of the reactions I thought I'd get, Dawk.

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I hate to even say it cuz he's a punk, but he'd destroy her.

Then again, a punk laying out a woman isn't too hard to see..

10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

At least not in most NFL households, right, Mark?