Phil Jackson To Become Knicks GM

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Mike, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Phil comes home. Hopefully, he'll do a good job. First order of business: trade Carmelo before he walks out.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Doesn't he have a no trade clause?

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

But he's also a free agent after next season, and I don't think he wants to re-sign.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

he would go to the right team. problem is will the right team have the salary to trade.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

can Phil overcome dolan?

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Phil overcame Jerry Krause, so anything is possible

8. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I am hearing today the deal is that he is going to become PRESIDENT. NOT GM but president.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Doesn't LeBron's contract with the Heat expire after this season? I bet LeBron becomes a Knick in 2015 IF Jackson becomes HC.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LeBron is not coming to the Knicks. I'm not falling for that again...I'm still hurting from 2010.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I think it will happen.

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

If he does, I will do backflips all the way to NYC.

...and I can't make a backflip.

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Am I the only Knicks fan who is not over the falls with this one? I guess years of crap play but a bunch of players who have as a whole shown no heart for what...over a decade? This franchise has been in shambles for way too long now. I don't know if Dolan can get out of his own way. Call Jackson what you want, but Dolan still signs his paycheck. Some of us know how that can go. Yeah, call me excited when I see some results on the floor.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

If anyone thinks PJ's success on the court will automatically translate to the front office, they better line the floor with pillows to absorb the fall...

15. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Dolan has blamed a multitude of people that he himself has hired. (yes Isiah is one of them, but so is D'Antoni etc etc.) I don't blame you for waiting this one out. He could just as easily run Phil out of town when things turn sour.

As for LBJ, If he does join the Knicks. Prepare for BATTLE. you think the Big Russian spent 300+million on these past years salary just for fun? NOPE he will pay 10X the luxury tax to make sure we are ahead of the Knicks. Spoiler
    "KD"