Redskins Agree to Terms with Jackson

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by psofie82, Apr 1, 2014.

1. psofie82

psofie82 Rookie

After all the speculation, DeSean Jackson never left Washington without a contract. The Redskins have announced that they have agreed on a 3 year deal with the talented wide receiver. Terms of the deal are not yet known. Adding Jackson bolsters a strong receiving corps already including Pierre Garcon, Andre Roberts and Santana Moss. Earlier […]

Read the whole post here.

2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

don't care what Philly people will say.

An offense with.

RG3
    DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Jordan Reed and Andre Roberts

With Alfred Morris and Roy Helu in the backfield is one heck of an offensive team.

We really need to continue bolstering the secondary and Lines and we will be set.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Don't get overly excited. You have a 1st time Headcoach who isnt overly impressive.

4. LebaneseFF

Coming from a fan who has Jason Garrett as a coach?

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wonder if the Redskins regret signing Roberts to a 4-Year Deal...

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I've openly bashed Garrett from the start. Getting excited about DJax joining a team with alot of questions and a bad head coach hire isnt something you should be doing. But alas, Offseason Redskin fans only see 'Superbowls' not reality.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Coming for Arizona as our #3 and to get the deal he did I was kind of shocked. Just guessing the 'Skins would like to turn back the clock on the deal.

86WARD likes this.
  8. LebaneseFF

Andre Roberts can play the slot. Sure he was brought in to play the outside but he can be effective playing the slot and I don't think it affects him all that much.

It does affect Hankerson, Moss and Aldrick Robinson

Mostly Hankerson and Moss. I don't see Moss making the final team.

9. LebaneseFF

MarkAZ you know that statement is entirely correct, he
    A) in Arizona Roberts became expandable. Floyd was drafted and is the clear number 2 now. but for many years he was the 2. they just didn't want to keep Fitzy, Floyd and Roberts
    B) He was never able to display his return skills with Patrick Peterson, Matthieu and Arenas
    C) How often did he have a QB passing to him (same as all your WR including Fitzy)

His contract was a tiny little bit on the high side, I give you that.

I know AZ just as well as I do the Redskins :)

10. LebaneseFF

BTW the contract details are starting to emerge and from the looks of it. It looks damn good for the Redksins.

3 years, 24 million, 16 guaranteed. I am truly pumped. I don't want to say low risk, but it is somewhat concervative

11. LebaneseFF

Blah Blah Blah Blah.

Come again. Just kidding. But seriously.. neither you nor I can guess what Gruden will be like! We won't know until he is actually coaching.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I find it hard to fit Moss into that line up. I think his says are numbered...unless he's willing to play special teams...lol

13. LebaneseFF

Moss will have a very tough time making the roster, there is no doubt about it. Maybe Carolina will scoop him up. They must have a backup plan to Underwood?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

What does his contract look like? Maybe they can trade him for a late round pick...and get something for him...

15. LebaneseFF

Year Base S. Bonus Misc. Cap Hit Dead
    2014 875,000 65,000 - 620,000 65,000

16. LebaneseFF

Moss re-signed this past month.

That was the preemptive signing I would like to take back.

17. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Hes already holding out for another contract