Colts Owner Jim Irsay Facing Four Felony Possession Charges Following Arrest

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DontKnowMe, Mar 17, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

It say is obviously renting town homes with drugs in them...duh...

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Apparently, we have a member here who thinks owners are above the law. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. If that had been one of us, we would have been put under the jail and the key would have been thrown away.

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

and this week at the nfl head office,they players and the owners are talking about player punishment.If goodell does not drop the hammer on irsay,this will get really ugly fast.

ragman likes this.
  4. ragman

Agreed.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Why in the world would anybody be arrested for owning a house where someone overdosed and died? Are you actually that freaking goobered?

6. ragman

:angry:

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Easy ladies...

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

The only way they could be prosecuted is if it could be proved the guy who owned the home provieded whatever the person oded from,or if he was there and witnessed it,and left without reporting it or refusing to call the authorities for help.could also be charged with not calling and reporting the od to the cops which is a crime in itself.

9. ragman

I thought the link for the story that I provided said that he (Irsay) gave her the townhouse?

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Goodell should force Irsay to swap ownerships with Jimmy Haslam of the Browns. That should be punishment enough.

Walnuts likes this.
  11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

If he is as messed up as he seems,he should throw him out of the league at least 5 years.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Right but none of that happened so it's a moot point.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

That is just it,we have no idea what happened yet other than irsay getting busted for dui/drugged driving.
    there maybe something to irsay being connected to a murder,there may not.

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

The league's personal conduct policy not only includes players but owners as well, and it states that those owners should be held to a "higher standard" than criminal conviction. That policy, a sports law and ethics expert told the Star, could lead NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to ask Irsay about his relationships and associations outside the Colts.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ied-of-overdose-found-in-home-bought-by-irsay
    http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/personal-conduct-policy.pdf

15. ragman

As well it should.

16. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Have seen the front office fine coaches and organizations,other than bounty gate a few years back that caught williams,loomis,and payton,only other guy i have seen the commish's office run out of the league was eddie debartlo for taking brides in a gambling case.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ummmmm I dont remember it like that for some reason...

[​IMG]

And Debartolo was only suspended for a year, he just never applied for reinstement.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

still waiting for the outcome of the Loomi$ wiretapping investigation.

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

did'nt he have a huge fight with his sister over the 49ers and that is why his nephew runs the team now?

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer