Draft Prospect: QB Tom Savage, Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by mnagy, Apr 12, 2014.

1. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

A long-time college football player, Pitt’s quarterback prospect Tom Savage has come out of nowhere as a favorite among scouts. It seems like teams are enamored with Savage’s arm strength and physical tools, using his awful offensive line at Pitt to justify his issues under pressure, awful footwork, and erratic accuracy. He has all the […]

Read the whole post here.

Aussie61 likes this.
  2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He is gonna go much higher then people think. Id be shocked if he made it out of the third

3. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

I heard a while ago that the Vikings had interest in Savage.Norv Turner loves his arm! This was before all the hype started so not sure where Savage would be on the Vikings board now.

4. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

I am a PITT grad and former season ticket holder and I must say that this kid has great upside...He can really throw the ball and has underated mobility for his size, nimble, kind of like a Big Ben...I've watched him play and think any team that drafts will be thrilled with ability and maturity.

Aussie61 likes this.
  5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Hype machine in full effect, this guy could go as high as early 2nd.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think hoyer will start this season for the browns.i could see the browns trading picks and moving back with somebody like detroit who are said to really want sammy watkins bad.

7. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

I would love to see that as a PITT guy!

8. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

Aussie61 likes this.
  9. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

10. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

The Vikings interest in Savage continues.He was reportedly one of 4 QBs at the Vikings "Top 30" event.The others were TeddyBridgewater,Bryn Renner & Keith Wenning.

11. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Erik Lambert of NFL Mocks has the Vikings taking Savage in the second round.

12. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

A guy I do like from Pitt is WR Devin Street.I hope the Vikings take a look at him in the mid rounds.

mnagy likes this.
  13. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

I agree totally...He is very under-rated...He got hurt for part of the season with PITT...Prior to that, he was burning up the ACC in receptions and yards...He is tall and can run...He was the best WR coming out of high school in PA...I'm a PITT guy and grad and know a lot about him and the other PITT prospects.

Aussie61 likes this.
  14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Dallas drafted Street in the 5th

mnagy likes this.
  15. mnagy

mnagy Steelers Writer

Awesome!!! Thanks! He will surprise ppl