The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Or drive a car like one.

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

This is the End

After Earth

Hangover 3

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Finally got around to watching the first Captain America.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

watched"north dallas 40" again last night. anybody checked out the revolutionary war series,"Turn" on amc ? 1st eps was pretty good i thought.

5. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I couldn't make it through the first episode last week. Gonna try to stay awake for the second one tomorrow night.

Watched GI Joe: Retaliation today. Sucked. Watched the second Hunger Games movie last week. Thought it was good. Watched the Jobs movie on Netflix. Sucked.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Click - Didnt even make it through a third of it. Freaking abhorrent. Im not sure if Adam Sandler was always awful and my tastes used to be equally awful, or he used to be really funny and just regressed to complete suckage, or if it's something in between both of those but jesus christ that movie was terrible.

Steve12 likes this.
  7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've struggled with that thought about Sandler as well and have come to the conclusion that the first few plus scripts he did (Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, Billy Madison, Wedding Singer, Mr. Deeds, Waterboy) were early on in his career and funny...then it seemed like the scripts were just half-assed b/c "we'll just put Adam Sandler in it and it will make money" and it shows.

Diesel44 and Walnuts like this.
  8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Agree on sandler. He has'nt made a decent movie in ages it seems.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

his old movies are still funny when I watch them today. waterboy, Billy Madison, big daddy, happy Gilmore. so I'm convinced he's just grown crapty as he's gotten older. like ward said, now he just gets by on his name.

Except for the movie just go with it. I thought that was really funny.

10. DaBears22

I liked Click only for Kate Beckinsale.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

watched the buddy holly story. an oldie with gary busey or walnuts playing buddy holly.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

HOW DARE YOU

Diesel44 likes this.
  13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

[​IMG]

14. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Batman (1989)

15. DaBears22

Just finished watching Paranormal Activity: Marked Ones. Good movie although slow on the shocks til it gets to the end. Ties into the first movie. Recommended for fans of the series. Watching Gravity now. Already saw it at the theater but a damn good movie.

16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I finally watched CBGB tonight. It was pretty good, and definitely has me in the mood for some of the music of that time. However, I personally wish the movie would have been a tad more serious and less cartoonish. I know they had a lot to cover in a short period of time, and Alan Rickman was really good, but I thought they could have done a better job to convey the feeling of the musical revolution occurring there.

Omen and Diesel44 like this.
  17. Steve12

I watched about 15 minutes of that movie. I like Alan rickman.

18. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yeah, he's a tremendous actor. A lesser actor would have made the film a total joke.

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Monuments men,and the new jack ryan flick are pretty good flicks.

20. Steve12

Just watched Fast & Furious 6. It was ok. Exactly what you'd expect from a F&F movie.

The last 45 minutes are almost unwatchable though. The scene on the bridge with Dom was just stupid. The scene with the cargo plane and the never ending runway was goobered. A cargo plane that huge takes on 2 extra vehicles so it's "too heavy" to take off? Give me a break. Not to mention the 3000 mile long runway. I get that these movies arent meant for ultra realism, but come on.