2014 Philadelphia Phillies

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Nov 13, 2013.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That's funny, but my reaction was much more severe. I knew they were going to lose as soon as Utley made the bad decision to flip the ball to second base.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

Dan.freaking.uggla

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Anniversary of Tommy Greene's 1991 No Hitter against the Expos. lol...Tommy Greene.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

5. DawkinsINT

That memory is so much better than this game of wasted opportunities. 3 times with runners on 1st & 2nd with nobody out, and they can't score. This team is frustrating as hell.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Reverted back to old times...

@DawkinsINT - did you see who is up for the spot of league commissioner?

7. DawkinsINT

Yes, at the same time that he was voted worst GM in baseball. Perfect.

86WARD likes this.
  8. DawkinsINT

[​IMG]

86WARD likes this.
  9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could only hope he gets that gig...

10. DawkinsINT

My fingers are crossed he does as well.

11. DawkinsINT

No-hit by Beckett. I would like to think that this kind of embarrassment would spark the offense going forward, but they don't have players for that.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Phillies lead the leaguein Most No-Hitters allowed...including combined no hitters...at 19. Followed by the Dodgers, Braves and Giants at 16 a piece.

13. DawkinsINT

We're #1! We're #1! We're #1!!!!!!!!!!!!

86WARD likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

Best part about the Phillies playing the Mets is the NY broadcast team. Damn they're good.

Ron Darling (after 2 Phillies infield miscues, and the pitching coach comes to talk to Cole Hamels): "Hamels is probably saying to him, 'Why are you coming out to talk to me? I don't need any help. You should bring out the infield coach instead."

LMAO!

86WARD likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

View attachment 58981
    The awesomeness of Roy Halladay continues in retirement.

Holy crap he actually went to the zoo with the guy from zoowithroy.com. That's ducking great.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Things could be worse, Phillies fans. You could be the Texas Rangers. They are on pace to lose 100 games this season. If that happens, they'll be the third team in MLB history to lose 100 games in a season after winning 90 games the season before.

17. DawkinsINT

Combined no-hitter today. Good thing about baseball is that even during a really bad season there will be memorable moments.

18. DawkinsINT

J-Roll traded. I totally have mixed emotions about it. I was all for trading him (Howard & Utley also), but the reality kind of stinks. Past his prime or not, it will suck to see him in a Dodgers uniform. He deserved to be able to retire a Phillie, but f--king Amaro destroyed that by reducing this team to a laughing stock.

At least now they finally have shown that they are moving on. It would have sucked to have the same nucleus back next season.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sad to see J.Roll go, but it's probably overdue...

Will be weird seeing him in Dodger Blue.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

heart and soul of that core. it was time. hate the dodgers but i wish him nothing but luck. top 2 all-time phillie (non pitcher) HOF IMO