LBJ Opts Out Of Contract, Becomes Free Agent

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ragman, Jun 24, 2014.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

i'm sure kobe wouldn't mind taking a back seat to lebron.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

drafted him. I am talking about going to a team that has an established star.

Steve12 likes this.
  3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

To be fair, MJ had already won when Rodman arrived.

A better comparison would be MJ joining the Pistons or Celtics in the late 80's - early 90's when he couldn't get past them. That's what LeBron did. "If you can't beat them, join them".

Tarkus and Buck Fenson like this.
  5. Buck Fenson

Chicago was the place to go for washed up players trying to get a ring. Sorta like Miami now.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

They lost the year before they got Rodman. Jordan needed help to get back to winning championships. Jordan also decided to retire the second time when Pippen and Phil Jackson were leaving.

To act like Jordan didn't want any help to win championships is insane.

Omen likes this.
  7. Buck Fenson

they came to him, he didn't go to them.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I don't recall any pep rallies with Jordan promising 10 rings.

9. DawkinsINT

Only because he didn't have to. If he never got Phil Jackson and had the opportunity to go to him, he would have.

10. Buck Fenson

no he wouldn't. Jordan wanted to do it his way. there is no way he would have went to say Boston or Lakers or Knicks and try to win one there. Besides, if James is the best that ever was, he would have taken over the game and went for 80. He don't. He wants others to take control. when he finally gets the nuts to take over, it is too late. Not a basketball fan of any team. Just sick of hearing that James is the best ever and he wasn't. He is not an assassin. Jordan was, Bird was, Magic was. James is not. He is a very good Pippen. I actually think Pippen was better than James.

Tarkus and TJ like this.
  11. DawkinsINT

Damn...it took me this long to figure out you are just trolling...haha.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  12. Buck Fenson

old wise one. you got me. had you all going though. Lebron still sucks though.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I actually agree with Buck.

14. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm with buck except the part about pippen being better than LeBron. No way Jordan goes anywhere to play with someone else. They had a different mindset back then. Everyone wasn't best friends. And Jordan's ego wouldn't allow him to be second fiddle on another team like LeBron was to wade at first.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  15. smeags

smeags militant geek

the only reason rodman ended up in chicago is because the bulls traded for him along with purdue in a effort to fill the void horace grant left when he rolled. so this wasnt a free agent making the choice to go with jordan. the two situations really arent comparable.

Tarkus likes this.
  16. Buck Fenson

all that is true. that is why I don't think James is the best ever. but hell, it is just one guy's opinion. Jordan played better defense and shot the ball better. The only way James is better is he is a better assist guy but Jordan wouldn't let anyone else take the shot at crunch time which James doesn't have that in him. And for those who will say that James is better at taking over the game now, it is something he had to learn, not like the greats who it comes naturally to. He wouldn't even start if I could make up a dream squad. It would be Jordan, Stockton, Magic, Bird and Kareem.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't know about Jordan playing better defense...James can play defense against anybody and any position. Jordan couldn't do that. Jordan relied more on his speed. Jordan also wouldn't be able to defend James...

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

James is also a better teammate on and off court than Jordan ever was. Not saying that James is better, but it's not cut and dry that Jordan is better.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Jordan was Defensive Player of the Year a couple of times, didn't he?

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I know he was at least once. The criticism there is that he won it mostly on name and "brand."

Also James is more versatile than Jordan and a better passer than Jordan. He may not have averaged more points, but he, as an all around player, a case can be made.