LBJ Opts Out Of Contract, Becomes Free Agent

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by ragman, Jun 24, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

So do you think LeBron had a great team in Cleveland? They weren't getting their act together, and that's why he left. Jordan never had to worry about that because the Bulls front office made proper changes.

When LeBron left Cleveland, they lost 42 more games the next season. When Jordan left the Bulls, they lost only 2 more games.

He's not as good as Jordan, but LeBron's play gets crap on WAY much more than it deserves. Imagine if he played for Jackson or Popovich instead of the coaches he's had.

86WARD likes this.
  2. smeags

smeags militant geek

dawk's on roll !!!

Omen likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

Call me 'Butter'?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

James is a better baseball player than Jordan and if James puts out a movie, it'll be better than Space Jam...

Tarkus and DawkinsINT like this.
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Actually the Bulls rise had more to do with the Tex Winter's triangle offense, Johnny Bach's ferocious D, & PJ's 'Zen' approach to the players. Key was finally wearing down MJ to start trusting the system & in turn, the players in it. In other words, team basketball. Check the Bulls roster & notice they were nothing but supplemental players in a system. Pippin was but a shadow of what he would become & even credits MJ to pushing him to that.

That stat is really quite useless. When MJ left, the Bulls were 3 time Champs with a confidence in the system & swagger all their own. Pippen had become an elite player in his own right by then also. James was just starting out & comparing that drop off just doesn't work IMO. Just like using the stat of MJ's teams being swept 3 years in a row. Those were his 1st 3 years & the 2nd, he missed 64 games & fell to the Celtics: "I didn't think anyone was capable of doing what Michael has done to us," marveled Celtics ace Larry Bird. "He is the most exciting, awesome player in the game today. I think it's just God disguised as Michael Jordan." The 3rd year? The Celtics.

& with James leaving? Catastrophic... He's the best player in the game so that makes sense to me. The Cavs completely falling apart when their heart & soul left made perfect sense. Just would never use that stat in any comparing players.

Stats just don't tell the story by themselves...

I agree... James should be treated as a once in a lifetime player. He's beyond special. The only big ? would be if he'd bust his ego down to follow their teachings/coaching. It took quite a long time for MJ to finally give in.

6. DawkinsINT

I don't have a beef with anything you are saying. You aren't a James hater like some others. But without Phil Jackson, Jordan would probably not be the legend he became. James hasn't been fortunate enough to get a Hall Of Fame coach yet.

7. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

& you could be dead right on that one.

I guess if there was one thing that rubbed me wrong is when James preplanned an exit route with Wade & Bosch when he set up his last Cav contract. You hear how the Cavaliers were doing nothing to keep him but he was leaving a team that went 66-16 & 61-21 his last 2 years. This team was far from done. It was more about the 'I want it now' mentality nowadays.

His horrid play was just more evidence to me that while he hadn't left town yet, his mind sure as Hell did...

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

So, LBJ is a FA now. Where does he wind up?

9. DawkinsINT

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i think he'll stay in miami,so will wade and bosch.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea he'll stay in Miami.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Philadelphia

13. DawkinsINT

In 2017. :buttrock:

14. ragman

Not if the Heat don't get better reserve players, he won't. That's the main reason the Heat lost to the Spurs. The reserve players didn't dhow up.

15. Steve12

They already picked up lebrons little boyfriend napier. That was obviously done to mange him happy.

16. ragman

They need to get younger. The average age of the Heat roster is 30.4 years old. Ray Allen is 38. Battier and Anderson are both 35.

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I don't hate LeBron at all. I don't give two toots about basketball. Don't care one way or the other if he goes to every team eventually so he could be the first one to do that. What I am saying is that I watched Jordan's career and most of James's career. My eyes tell me that MJ is the best player to play the game. He made shots that was simply mind boggling. And they played defense back then. Wasn't no tickey tack fouls. You have maybe one or two predominantly great defensive teams now. Back then you had quite a few. Not saying that means much but shots were harder to get then. James is a good player, bordering on greatness, but not the best ever. That simply is not true. Not hating, but educating. I don't get caught up in the here and now. Game is different now just as in most sports. Take football. I would love to see how the great receivers nowadays would fare with the mugging that receivers got back in the 70's and 80's. And vice versa, I would love to see how the great receivers back then would fare with the rules against the defense now. LeBron is the best in the game now. Well. maybe Durant is a close second but I will give you LeBron for his body of work so far. MJ is the best to play. And it would be a tight, tight case for Bird being number two.

18. Steve12

Anyone who doesn't think LeBron is a basketball god is a LeBron hater. I run into this problem at work all the time.

19. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

people who think that people have to think LeBron is a basketball god needs to get himself tested for STDs. Let's put it is other terms. They both are gods.
    MJ is Zeus. Zeus is father of Greek gods and men. A sky god, he controls lightning, which he uses as a weapon, and thunder. Zeus is king on Mount Olympus, the home of the Greek gods.

LeBron is Poseidon.Poseidon is one of the three brother gods in Greek mythology who divided the world among themselves. Poseidon's lot was the sea. As sea god Poseidon is usually seen with a trident. He is the god of water, horses, and earthquakes and was considered responsible for shipwrecks and drownings. But he is not that powerful.

20. DawkinsINT

I can't state this enough, I don't think LeBron is better than Jordan. I just think he gets crap on based on his character more than his great play.