49ers OLB Aldon Smith Arrested at LAX?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by 86WARD, Apr 13, 2014.

1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i think at this point that the 49ers may need to cut this kid, not only for the best interest of the team but for HIS best interest. It's obvious this kid needs something major to happen to wake him up.

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

when i read the headline at 2am, i thought i read he had an actual bomb on him

>.<

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well to be fair, he IS kind of the bomb. His explosion off the line is unparalleled, sending offenisive lineman flying in every direction. He was probably just discussing his game with a groupie and the TSA idiots took it the wrong way.

SRW and Mike like this.
  4. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Only problem with that is somebody else will sign him straight away,so he won't learn anything.The league needs to grow some balls and start suspending these guys.
    The NRL (thats rugby league) in Australia had a few problem guys like this so they took a hard line.Got the Clubs and the Players Association to agree to a new rule.Once a guy gets 3 strikes against him for "misconduct" then his club can cut him without any hit to their salary cap and no other team can sign him until after he serves a suspension,which is anything from 6 months to 2 years.The first guy to break the 3 strikes was suspended for 2 years.
    Problem solved.

CaptainStubing and TJ like this.
  5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, i'm not sure why the league and players' union don't already do this. it would really be best for everyone involved, even the players who need to get their lives together.

Aussie61 likes this.
  6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

On Yahoo's Shutdown Corner, which is their NFL blog, they quoted a Bay Area reporter as saying that he "probably" won't play for the team in 2014. I think he's worn out his welcome on the Niners.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'll wait to see what the SI email says about it first.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

yeah, saying he had a bomb is sooo freaking minor.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yes, yes it is. Actually HAVING a bomb would not be. Being a freaking moron is pretty minor.

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

right. keep believing that.

11. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Are-49ers-nearing-end-of-line-with-Aldon-Smith-5408504.php
    Three gun charges, multiple DUI's and now this. He's in obvious need of some professional help but the 49ers might just need to cut the cord with him, stop enabling him with a fat paycheck. Hopefully all the other teams show some restraint avoid signing him. It's almost like he needs to hit rock bottom before he can really commit to some real changes in his life.

Either that or he's just nuttier than chinese chicken salad.

12. ragman

Smith is a clown and the Niners don't need him.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Jerrah will sign him.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

15. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

It's the last part of your statement that should scare people the most about Aldon Smith.If he is a nut job and hits rock bottom,I wouldn't want to be within 1000 miles of him.Who knows what he's capable of :suicide:

16. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The Dolphins would definitely improve their image if they could snag him.

17. ragman

If the Cowboys or Dolphins sign him, then both are in worse trouble than I thought.

Aussie61 likes this.
  18. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

19. ragman

On the gun and DUI charges, Yahoo Sports is reporting that he was sentenced today to 12 days in jail, but it will probably be spent being on a work detail crew, picking up roadside trash.

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I had forgotten all about this.