Vikings Suspend ST Coordinator Mike Priefer Three Games For Homophobic Comment

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by DaBears22, Jul 20, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The Minnesota Vikings have suspended special teams coordinator Mike Priefer three regular season games without pay for making a homophobic comment to former punter Chris Kluwe.

The results of a nearly six-month independent investigation started by the team over claims Kluwe made in an online article were released by the Vikings on Friday.

According to a 29-page memo, the investigation turned up evidence Priefer made a homophobic statement to Kluwe, but not the many the former punter alleged in his first-person account earlier this year.

The memo says the evidence doesn't support Kluwe's claim that he was released by the Vikings in May 2013 because of his vocal support of marriage equality and gay rights.

Priefer's suspension can be reduced to two games if he attends individualized anti-harassment, diversity and sexual-orientation sensitivity training.

The Vikings, who have required all employees to attend sensitivity training the past several years, said they were donating $100,000 to LGBT charities.

"I owe an apology to many people -- the Wilf family, the Minnesota Vikings organization and fans, my family, the LGBT community, Chris Kluwe and anyone else that I offended with my insensitive remark," Priefer said in a statement.

"I regret what has occurred and what I said. I am extremely sorry but I will learn from this situation and will work on educating others to create more tolerance and respect."

Source: The Sports Network

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Healing homophobes, 1 remark at a time...

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Kluwe would have more of an impact if he would just go ahead and come out already. Like when someone says " a friend of mine" they really mean themselves. just come out and say you like to stick foreign objects up your anus and be done with it.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

While I believe you are right in alot of instance two of my best friends are gay both of whom I work with.

We have a radical Christian right winger at work who is very vocal about his dislike of homosexuals, and I take offense when someone tells me on of friends is gonna burn in hell because they are gay.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Although unlike Kluwe I dont squeal.

I just slip the dude some extasy in his soda and let my gay friends butt rape him

Buck Fenson likes this.