The Philadelphia Eagles "Let's Hope Maclin Stays Healthy" Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 27, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

So Trent and Shady got into fisticuffs today...nice. When teammates get into scraps due to what happens on the field...I'm all for it. Much better to care too much than not enough. Bring the intensity, boys!

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

maclin is gonna be a beast I feel this season he says hes in better shape then coming into camp last year.

3. DawkinsINT

Maclin in the past showed flashes of being an excellent receiver in this league, but he has been plagued with inconsistency. It's a lot on his plate to suddenly be the #1 guy when coming off an injury that had him out all of last season. Hopefully he hasn't lost a step and Chipper's system leads to him excelling to the point that things are easier for Matthews. Until he shows that in actual games, I'm worried about him.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

hey, since it is just you two here can I join?

5. DawkinsINT

No.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  6. Buck Fenson

thank you for the invite. so how does it feel to have our rejects? Jenkins will make you into a raging alcoholic and Sproles is regressing to the point that he is becoming irrelevant.

7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

dont agree with you Buck, Sproles will fill in nicely for McCoy - he isn't what he used to be BUT he's still better at XYZ than the Philly's other options.

8. Buck Fenson

I know. just yanking his chain for not wanting my expert take on the Eagles. but you have to admit that while he was making first downs last year, that was about all. teams figured out to stack the line and keep him in the backfield and they have a good chance to corral him. His running will not be missed because of the backlog of backs we have and his catches will be absorbed by Cooks I believe. Have him line up in a wing back and throw the flair out to the flat or sideline and get some space like that. Cooks is taller, faster and about the same size and younger. I notice you didn't say anything about Jenkins. :tc:

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

really hoping to see a healthy maclin this season cause i think he can explode in this offense but he has to be on the field.

sproles will be on the field quite a bit with mccoy. he's another guy you have to account for. no way around it. plus he helps in the return game. for what the eagles gave up ? im good.

jenkins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chung
    /debate

10. Buck Fenson

Chung is better I think. and if you think that offense can match up with ours you have to be drug tested. :cheers:

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

again, it's not debatable. jenkins >>>>>>>>>>>> chung

and our offense went toe to toe with the saints last year - they werent the reason the team lost. you know that too.

12. Buck Fenson

As a Saints fan who has followed Jenkins since his rookie season, he has digressed every year. his rookie year he was flying around making plays. He misses tackles, can't catch the ball to intercept it. he has like 6 interceptions and like 5 forced fumbles. He is adequate but not a good safety. he may work in your defensive scheme but he is a liability in pass coverage now.

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

This is why they said no

14. Buck Fenson

I wouldn't have said that if they said sure. I was just trying to strike up a convo and they threw batteries in snowballs at me and booed me. So I decided to go a different route. Don't tell them but I put a bounty on them. They gonna get tackled extra hard.

15. Jihad Joe

That was Dawk busting your balls

16. Buck Fenson

I know. now my sack is full of dust.

17. Jihad Joe

Right now I have the Eagles pegged as the East favorites. I like to give teams a win window and right now I have the Eagles at 9 to 11 with Dallas at 7 to 9. Basicly if the Eagles hit there worst case and Dallas hits there best case it goes down to week 17.

Losing D Jax hurts. Say what you want its hard to lose 80-1000. However while he isnt in Jacksons class, Maclin can help make up for it and adding Mathews gives them an effective WR trio to help Kelly spread the ball around. Huff could give them a formidable 4 WR set

Im not too big on the back end of there defense, but if Smith hits the ground running, between him Cole and Barwin they could have a very effective edge rush. In intiror is solid, buy I would have liked too see them add a NT. Beau has potential, but he isnt a starter yet.

I think they are competing with the 49ers and Seahawks yet on paper ( I know, I know) and I think its possible the Cowboys could beat them in the East. But whilr possible, I dont think its very likley

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. DawkinsINT

I don't feel that the team made enough significant upgrades player wise with the exception of special teams. For this team to improve into a true Super Bowl contender, improvements will have to be made by Kelly, Billy Davis, and Foles (throw the ball away instead of taking a sack).

19. DawkinsINT

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's not good...