Robin Williams : RIP suicide suspected

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Diesel44, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

They are now saying that he hung himself with a belt.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Damn, Buck....sorry to hear you sometimes feel that way. Everyone needs others at one point or another. Sounds like your friend and his family are good people. Good friends are family in my book. You're lucky to have them. You also have us assholes whenever you need someone to lend an ear.

Steve12, ICECOLD and 86WARD like this.
  3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

you all are not assholes. :buttrock: I talk crap to you all but I wouldn't trade this for the world. Like I said, I am too much of a coward to do it again, it was during my fiance` death and my mom's death. My friend is the family of my fiance, and that was back in 93. They are great people. They said that she talked about me all the time, how I was the one. It hurts a lot but it makes me feel good that I made someone happy. I consider all you my pseudo family. but you all know that there is nothing like blood family. Take care and now, no more of this emotional crap. Dallas still sucks @ragman :hi:

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. 86WARD

86WARD -

We all are not assholes. So which ones of is are assholes? Release the Buck Fenson Gridironfans/Fantasy Knuckleheads Asshole List Of 2014.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  5. ragman

It is being reported that Robin had superficial knife cuts on his wrists, Looks like he tried to slit his wrists, wasn't successful or changed his mind, then hung himself instead.

6. Buck Fenson

Look, this thread is not about me. It is about a man who has brought joy and laughter to millions of people all the while being in such personal pain that he decided he couldn't live with it anymore. The world needed people like him to make us forget how crappy this world is even if it was just for an hour or two. I miss him while never knowing that guy. He made me feel better by laughing at his comments.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like the fact that people didn't think he was that generous but in reality, he was super generous and just did things with out all the fan fare and with out all the press. That stuff want important to him.

As for Buck, you entertain a few assholes every day...keep the chin up, keep up the good work!

ICECOLD and Buck Fenson like this.
  8. Buck Fenson

Yep, I like the way that he wasn't a look at me doing this type of guy except the times he did the Comic Relief and that was to help promote the cause. I just wished he would have sought the help he desperately needed. But there is a stigma about mental health. And I think he would have received some bad press even with his standing in the world. and @86WARD I thank you all for putting up with my feeble attempts at humor. It does more for me than any of you I am sure. But since you opened the door I will walk in and make myself at home. :popcorn:

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

buck i like all your posts,but you never insult me enough!
    robin willams made everybody laugh. it is ashame he was trapped inside his own living hell and never laughed at himself.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  10. Buck Fenson

sorry 44 but making fun of a Redskin fan is like slapping a baby. yeah, you feel better but what does it prove. :jumping:

Diesel44 likes this.
  11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

12. Buck Fenson

wow. cut out the vibrator part and that could be me. well, and the anus insertion part.

Diesel44 likes this.
  13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

14. peterjason

peterjason DP 2018 Premium Member

Man, thanks for sharing. I appreciate the honest prospective from you. Helps those out there to losen up on the judgemental prejudices of all suicides.

Diesel44 and DawkinsINT like this.
  15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

thanks! i wish more folks were open about it!
    i know plenty of people who have killed themselves and i have nothing but respect and sympathy for them and those they leave behind.

16. ragman

His widow released a statement today saying that he was not only suffering from depression but anxiety and the early stages of Parkinson's.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's crazy...finding out that news, battling depression and addiction...crazy bad!

18. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Also lets not downplay the effect that the rumors of a Mrs doubtfire 2 must have played.

Maybe too soon? I'm sorry. Really though, I'm way more sad about this than any other celebrity death I can remember since Dale Earnhardt. It's almost like when a friend dies or something and you have that feeling like it's not real and he'll be coming back.

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I feel sad for his family and friends, but I honestly have had zero connection to those that feel they lost someone close to them as fans.

When I was a kid and he was Mork, he made me howl with laughter. Then I saw him "being himself" on Comic Relief. He annoyed me with how he kept interrupting Billy Crystal and Whoopie with his need to be the center of attention.

With that bad taste in my mouth, I would watch his stand-up which was very funny at times....but he kept doing the same characters over and over again to the point of it being hacky.

Then of course later he became known as a joke thief with stolen material he used. The funny guy I knew as a young kid was gone in my eyes.

Anytime people would bring him up as being funny, I would rip into Robin. When not regurgitating the same characters over and over again, he was stealing the material of others, or dressing like a woman in a movie which was hack to me.

Then he started doing serious movie roles. I wanted to hate him, but he was so brilliant that I couldn't give him anything but kudos. It's not one of the popular films that he did, but in World's Greatest Dad, I thought he was phenomenal. Hardly anyone I knew saw the movie, and I kept trying to pimp it to everyone. The same guy I was constantly knocking, I was now trying to draw others into a performance of his.

After his death this week, I heard comedians talk about his joke thievery. Apparently the lines he stole weren't mainstays of his performance but just what he said off-the-cuff as throw away lines. None of them thought he purposely did it, but that he was such a sponge and would quickly say things without knowing there was a previous reference. I believe them, because they were his peers.

I will never consider him as one of my favorite stand-up comics of all-time, but I will always consider him as an extremely multi-talented individual. I feel a bit guilty for the way I hated on him.

But who gives a crap about my lifelong opinion of him....

Fame and fortune mean nothing when you are tortured inside. Hopefully his suicide helps others that were going down the same path from following suit.

Steve12 and 86WARD like this.
  20. ragman

I've been blue and sad in my life. Who hasn't? But, I have never suffered from depression.

Hang in there, Buck.