Robin Williams : RIP suicide suspected

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Diesel44, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Maybe he wanted to save his family from seeing him suffer from the effects of Parkinson's. Who knows?

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Who knows? I Can't fault the guy for going out on his won terms.
    how did he not win an oscar for good morning vietnam?

3. ragman

In 1992, there was a Disney animated film titled Aladdin, in which Robin Williams was the voice of the Genie. Aladdin is now a musical on Broadway. The day after Robin Williams took his own life, the Broadway cast of Aladdin paid tribute to him.

Here's the link:

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Saw that on CNN last night.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Because he had to go up against Michael Douglas in Wall Street. You don't cross Gordon, he'll crush you.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

In many ways I agree. I found myself enjoying Williams more as an actor than for his comedy. Although he was an absolutely brilliant comedian, I found myself saying "enough is enough" during stand-up routines, as a guest on late-night shows, etc. Sometimes seemed like it was overwhelming at times, much like Don Rickles from days gone by. However, some of his stuff that was side-splitting. I know that Mrs. Doubtfire was the movie that really put him on the movie maps, but I will always remember him more as Patch Adams, Dan (Old Dogs), Sy (One hour Photo), Adrian Cronauer (Good Morning Vietnam) or Sean Maguire (Good Will Hunting). Regardless if the movie in general sucked, I really enjoyed his performances. Ahhh crap. I just feel cheated. Even so many days after his death.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

As irritating as he could have been, remember he was flying on coke all the time, he could be given a word and go off on a 10 minute tangent. I doubt anyone else could have done that. Check his work on Whose Line is It Anyway. Some funny ass crap there. I think the other comedians were just jealous. Most of his movies were ad libbed and I don't think he got any ideas from other people.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Heard he offered to pay for 100% of Christopher Reeves medical bills...

9. ragman

I don't think my aunt liked his stand up routine because it was too frenetic.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

whatever role he seemed to take on.robin williams aced!

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Westboro Baptist Church planning to protest Robin Williams' funeral

Members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church are planning an ill-advised protest at tragic actor Robin Williams' funeral over his portrayal of a gay man in "The Birdcage."

The "Good Will Hunting" star passed away on Monday and while details of his funeral have not been made public, members of the church have already announced plans to picket the memorial.

A message posted on the group's official Twitter page reads: "Westboro Baptist Church Hopes To Preach In Lawful Proximity To Robin Williams' Funeral - To Warn The Living: Repent Or Likewise Perish."​

However, organizers at Planting Peace have launched a fundraiser to counter the church's plans.

A message from co-founder Aaron Jackson reads: "Robin Williams played many different roles in so many people's lives, and giving back to others was at the top of that list. His appeal crossed generational boundaries. I was personally impacted when I heard of his passing. This is a small gesture to honor his legacy and the difference he made to so many.

"When the WBC announced they were protesting Robin's funeral, we felt like launching a fundraiser for a charity Robin loved would be the perfect way to honor him and counteract the message of hate and intolerance that the WBC continues to convey."

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=884556&ocid=ansent11

Shame but death always attracts the vultures...

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I got no further in that article than westboro baptist. When will someone protest them?

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Omg I seriously hate those people more than anyone on the planet. If I had the chance to push the button that launched a bomb at their compound or wherever they stay I would push that thing and sleep soundly that night.

86WARD likes this.
  14. Buck Fenson

I wished I lived close enough to attend the protest. I would personally deliver quite a few of them to Satan. I just hope some of his fans, after reading that, would go there and kick their ducking asses and don't stop until they are in a coma.

15. ragman

Anyone see that after he took his life, his daughter had to quit her Twitter account because people started sending her insults? Not only that, but someone sent her a picture of a dead body and said it was Robin's.

Who'd want to do something like that?

16. DawkinsINT

Hard to believe there are assholes on Twitter.

17. Buck Fenson

that is why Twitter and Facebook is such a turd pool. It gives idiots like that a public forum to feed their inflated idea that people actually give a crap about what their twisted mind makes up.

18. DawkinsINT

"People say Facebook needs a dislike button, and I agree. The Internet needs ways to finally criticize people." - Joe Machi

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Ya gotta know that someday, somewhere some whacked out dude(s) will machine gun down Westboro's finest at one of their protests.
    Throw YouTube into that conversation as well. All it shows now are "Likes".

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Notice they only duck with people who will not fight back? I Wish they would show up and protest at the funeral of the hells angels or warlocks motorcycle gangs. EMT workers would end up scooping those bastards off the pavement just to attempt to treat them.