Protests Over Missouri Teen's Death

Discussion in 'Crossfire Discussion' started by Tarkus, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Anger spurred by the death of a black teenager at the hands of a white police officer boiled over again when protesters stormed into a Missouri convenience store — the same one Michael Brown was accused of robbing.

Police and about 200 protesters clashed in Ferguson, Missouri, late Friday after another tense day in the St. Louis suburb that began with authorities identifying the officer who fatally shot Brown as 28-year-old Darren Wilson. At the same time, Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson released documents alleging Brown had stolen a $48.99 box of cigars from the convenience store and strong-armed a man on his way out.

Just before midnight, some in what had been a large, rowdy but mostly peaceful crowd broke into that same small store, Ferguson Market & Liquor, and began looting it, Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson said. Some protesters yelled at the aggressors to stop what they were doing, and about a dozen people eventually helped protect the convenience store.

http://news.msn.com/us/police-protesters-clash-again-in-ferguson

[​IMG]

An incident in a store in Ferguson, Missouri August 9, 2014 is seen in these still images taken from a security camera and presented to the media during a news conference by the Ferguson Police Department on August 15, 2014.

[​IMG]

Police guard a Quick Trip gas station that was burned yesterday when protests over the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown turned to riots and looting on August 11, 2014 in Ferguson, Missouri.

[​IMG]

Protesters march down the middle of a street, Aug. 15, 2014, following the shooting death of Michael Brown by police nearly a week ago in Ferguson, Mo.

[​IMG]

Masked individuals carry items out of a store, during on-going demonstrations to protest against the shooting of Michael Brown, in Ferguson, Missouri, August 16, 2014.

[​IMG]

Demonstrators attempt to stop masked individuals from entering a store that had been broken into, during on-going demonstrations to protest against the shooting of Michael Brown, in Ferguson, Missouri, August 16, 2014.

http://news.msn.com/us/protests-over-missouri-teens-death#image=7

Sad, F'd up situation to say the least.

Just wish the police brutality against peaceful young black men would end, once & for all. Hopefully the outcry & demonstrations by young & old, masked & unmasked, concerned citizens along with the burning & looting will finally be heard by the establishment.

With a changed mind set of authorities, Quik Trip & liquor store owners, etc., maybe finally we can learn to get along & stop this senseless killing.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hard to believe from some of the footage that it's our country. Being angry is one thing, but why loot the innocent?

Diesel44 likes this.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

The righteous anger at true racism/profiling is understandable in a lot of instances but it's always used by the same criminal element as an opportunity to be the a$$holes they are. Where's the righteous outrage over that?

The thing that's always pissed me off is that many ask the question "Why?!?" when it's all around them. There should be protest among THE protest & include that type of behavior & lawlessness that furthers & fuels more of the same racism/profiling incidents.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

100% agree.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Do not think the cops should have killed this kid,but the kid was 6ft 4 and had brutalized the owner of a store from which he had stolen cigars from.it is unfortunate that he was killed,but there had to be a lot more problems before this happened and the kid's death just ignited an ongoing problem between the police and the community.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

seems like the "kid" is not the innocent person he was made out to be. saw on tv that a cop stopped him and his friend for holding up traffic in the streets when the cop was supposedly attacked. after seeing that video I feel that account is true. that was a big dude and if he went after the cop's gun then the cop did the right thing.

Diesel44 likes this.
  7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i had a heated debate over the looting and vandalism going in ferguson with a bunch of tree hugging libs. they went on & on that its a nessecary evil to bring attention to the injustice and that extreme measures are needed. i told them they all sounded like the very teabaggers they whine about all the time.

so to them, dirtbags that could give two craps about this kid or the situation and go out and destroy local businesses and loot local stores are doing the local people a favor.

man - i must have fell asleep when looting and vandalism became the actions of heroes.

Buck Fenson and Omen like this.
  8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Heard this morning that a large percentage of the people arrested for rioting in Ferguson don't actually live in Ferguson.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

thats been a well known fact since it started but i'm sure all of the stuff that was stolen was sold and all of the money went to the brown family.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Oh, of course.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

spike lee was on cnn last night and he basically said he wanted to see a riot break out again and see the cops get taught a lesson.you would think he would know that if a riot breaks out and the cops have the majority of the guns and the right to use force,the folks starting the riots are gonna suffer most likely! telling folks to fight armed cops is just stupid!and i do not know what happened,but the cop that shot the kid had some pretty nasty injuries.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

spike lee's a ducking moron.

the protests can go on until the world ends and more power to those people. the looting and vandalism only undermine the real issue and further divide people.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

smeags,this effects you more than me living in a big city like philly. does crap like this ever happen up there? i live in an area where the population is under 30,00 people,none of this crazy crap happens here.
    how do you guys seem to get along so well up in philly now? these people from missouri need somebody to give them a clue,ya know?

15. Buck Fenson

[​IMG]

you mean people actually went to another town to loot and rob? that the people rioting didn't actually live there? that they were not personally affected by the killing of a stupid moron?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

This whole situation disgusts me. So many people from both sides seemed to have determined innocence or guilt from the word jump, without really having a clue as to what truly went down.

Racist police, thug, gentle giant, violent offender, hands up, hands attacking, eye witness, lie witness.

How anyone can fully support the actions of the officer or the innocence of the deceased gentleman...I don't know.

Wait for facts to come out before formulating an opinion. Even after facts come out, there may not be proof of wrong doing from either side.

Omen likes this.
  17. Buck Fenson

it is the rioting that gets to me.but you have to admit that some people look for the smallest reason to riot and cause trouble.

18. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I had a big long reply to this typed out, but honestly it made me sound way racist.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  19. smeags

smeags militant geek

dawk is correct, let the facts come out and form your opinion then.

diesel - i live in the philly suburbs now but grew up in philly. we routinely got knocked around by certain cops in our neighborhood simply because they had to chase us for drinking or cutting school plus they hated us metalhead losers as it was put to me on occasion.

philly has it's racial tensions from time to time but nothing like this. the majority get along even if they have outdated ways of thinking.

did the cop need to unload 6 rounds into this kid when he was not in very close range ? on the surface i would say no but i cant say his actions were racially motivated and neither can anybody else at this point.

20. Buck Fenson

very rarely, when a cop fires at a suspect, do they fire just one round. they are taught to quench the threat. if I didn't see the video of the dude strong arming the shop clerk I would have thought it was a bit much but not now. even if they did release the video to inflame the emotions, it did show that the guy shot was not just minding his own business and coming back from sunday school.