Philadelphia Burger Joint Claims Eagles RB LeSean McCoy Left 20¢ Tip

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by 86WARD, Sep 9, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The owner of a popular local restaurant is accusing LeSean McCoy of being “shady" with his gratuity. According to PYT owner Tommy Up, the star Eagles running back left a 20 cent tip during a visit to the popular burger joint.

Up says the ordeal began when McCoy and his friends arrived at the restaurant Monday afternoon.

“He was there with his friends at the bar,” Up said. “We thought we were all cool. It was lunch time, we knew who they were and we gave him our A-game.”

After the group left, Up said the waiter who served McCoy came up to him with a confused look on his face.

“He said, ‘I just got left 20 cents,’” Up said. “I was like, ‘why?’ He was like, ‘I have no idea! I thought we were cool!’”

Source: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/PYT-LeSean-McCoy-Left-a-20-Cent-Tip-274407851.html

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Slow news day.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

"Now LeSean, you always want to leave a twenny p'cent tip, dont want people thinkin yo cheap"

"Okay, got it, 20 cent tip no matter what"

TJ likes this.
  4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Coming off the heel of Antonio Brown and the Fists of Rice? This is up there with them...

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

lol at this story. guy has been trying desperately to get his place franchised. only issue is his food is average at best.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

maybe the food was crapty and the service sucked! but leaving a 20 cent tip makes you look like a bigger asshole than not leaving one at all would.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah can't back shady for the tip but putting this out there is an even bigger dog move.

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

or maybe Shady is so much a douche that the owner wanted to let everyone know about it. Kinda shame him into being a better person. By reading the comments on the original story page, he is not a nice person around the Philly area. But you have to have some humility to feel bad and I don't know if Shady has any.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

who gives a flying $%#^#$ how much an athlete tips ? plus by all acounts the owner of this place a is jackass himslef just looking for PR to get funds to open a tiki bar in the city.

seriously, are you the least bit surprised that a multi million dollar athlete is out of touch ? is it so important to you ? again, who cares.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Dude,get a grip man! wal mart sells ex lax cheap!

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

funny cause i keep saying this is a non issue.

there's far more important topics to discuss when it comes to problems in the nfl, like ray rice and teams that use racist names.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe Goodell hasn't seen the Redskins logo and name...

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

He has seen it. There is a voice mail message with a female voice and it sounds like shem. RG1 will hired his best friend and lover to spearhead the investigation on whether or not he has seen it. It will totally be transparent for sure with the conclusion that he is innocent coming forth shortly.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

"The 20 cent tip was kind of a statement," McCoy told reporters Thursday afternoon during a scheduled press conference. "I didn't do anything wrong and if I had to do it again, I'd do it the same way."

"Just to be honest, like I'm always, I tip on my service. I think there's a difference between good service and bad service or just having a bad day. There's a big difference with just being rude and disrespectful. That's how that went," McCoy said.

"In any restaurant I go around in Philadelphia, I tip very well. I'm very respectful," McCoy said. "You can't be disrespectful and just expect somebody to tip you. I don't' care who the person is. That's why I left my card, so they could see my name. Simple as that."

"If you check on that restaurant, the backlash that has from everybody talking bad about that place, but good food, good food," McCoy said.

16. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Everyone has had bad service at one time or another and left no tip or a real small one. I have. Went to an Outback Steakhouse one time and the service was terrible. Way too long after being seated to order drinks and same with the food. I left a $2 tip on a $50 bill or something.

This is blown way out of proportion because of who he is. The owner of the joint didn't show much class in posting the bill online. Did he ever stop to think that maybe there was a reason he left such a tip? Nope.

17. Badger

Badger Rookie

I think we've all done it, maybe not to the level of leaving a 20 cent tip though. Ive tipped $3 on a $50 bill before when the service was bad. Like he said, you tip based upon what kind of service you get.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Even if the service is terrible, I leave 15%. Most of the time I leave 20-25%.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

duck that. why would you pay for bad service ?

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I just feel bad if I leave less than 15...I see a lot of these people doing their thing every day and get crap on. I'll give them the benefit of having a bad day. If they are rude or whatever, that's a different story...but of they are slow or forgetful, I don't hammer them for it. But if it were to be a second time around...then it would really affect the tip.