Raiders Fire Coach Dennis Allen

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by markaz, Sep 30, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Four games into the 2014 season and Dennis Allen gets axed. And Reggie McKenzie still has a job as GM?

The Oakland Raiders fired coach Dennis Allen on Monday night four games into his third season.

The decision was announced soon after the Raiders (0-4) returned from London, where they lost their 10th straight game dating to last season, 34-14 to the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. The firing was first reported by Fox Sports.

Allen was the first head coach hired by Oakland after the death of longtime owner Al Davis. His 8-28 record is the worst for the franchise since before Davis arrived in 1963. His contract was set to run through next season.

An announcement on the interim coach will come Tuesday, with offensive line coach Tony Sparano and offensive coordinator Greg Olson the most likely options.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders-season-spinning-control-203329314--nfl.html

2. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I have 2 Raider fan friends and they are happy but they do want to see McKenzie gone

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Bill Callahan 2002-2003
    Norv Turner 2004-2005
    Art Shell 2006
    Lane Kiffin 2007-2008
    Tom Cable 2008-2010
    Hue Jackson 2011
    Dennis Allen 2012-2014
    ???????????? 2015-2016?

LebaneseFF likes this.
  4. DontKnowMe

I heard Allen was fired by phone call.

5. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Me too. If that's true, that's a poor way to treat people, IMO.

6. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

i read that to. Just after they landed

7. markaz

They'll text the next one.

8. DontKnowMe

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, Allen was working with what McKenzie gave him, and that wasn't much. It's not like the guy had some hugely talented roster that he coached into the ground, they gave him dudes like Schaub and MJD and gray pubes Woodson and expected a good team. Fire Allen if you want, that's fine, but McKenzie needs to go too as he bears just as much responsibility.

Looks like Mark is still the same whackadoo albino cokehead he's always been, hard to believe they could have ended up with a worse option at the top than Crazy Al, but it's sure looking that way.

10. markaz

Exactly. You don't think Bill Cowher has gotten offers with some probably so desperate they included a minority stake? It's gonna take someone who is power hungry to split a TV gig.

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Someone said in Facebook last night, "Who will get the Raiders HC job?" I replied, "I think a better question would be who would want it?"

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good one.

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

hard to win when you only have a year or two.

14. markaz

Fixed.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

jim rome said raider's owner mark davis was the only owner in league history to have a "dutch boy ginger" look ! i don't like jim rome,but he is right on that one!
    [​IMG]

Jihad Joe likes this.
  16. Buck Fenson

he looks goobered. like a cast of dumb and dumbererererer

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he looks like the little dutchboy who stuck his thumb in a hole and saved his town! lol
    i do not know how anybody can win in oakland in two seasons which is about the amount of time a coach gets to be a coach for them.any coach needs at least 3 seasons in my view.

18. Buck Fenson

but the three year span usually depends on some semblance of talent already there. if you start completely over, a coach needs about 5 years to get the talent and scheme in place. name me a team that is successful when changing coaches every couple of years. As sucky as the Jags are, their best years were when Coughlin was there for many years.

Diesel44 likes this.
  19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

word is,the raiders are talking to mike holmgren about becoming their next coach.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

God thats just scary

Diesel44 likes this.