No Domestic Violence Charges For 49ers DT Ray McDonald

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by ICECOLD, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office will not file domestic violence charges against 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald, as The Chronicle’s Hamed Aleaziz first reported.

McDonald was involved in a dispute with his pregnant fiancée in the early hours of Aug. 31. The office of District Attorney Jeff Rosen cited “insufficient evidence” as the reason charges weren’t filed.

“Conflicting versions of the incident, a lack of verifiable eyewitnesses, and a significant lack of cooperation by Jane Doe (McDonald’s fiancée) left investigators uncertain exactly what happened,” Rosen’s office said in a news release.

“All domestic violence complaints deserve our concern, sensitivity and careful review,” Rosen said. “After our thorough review of all the facts, we do not have evidence sufficient to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. McDonald committed a crime against Jane Doe.”

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/11/10/no-domestic-violence-charges-for-ray-mcdonald/

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

im sure everything is on the up & up here.

4. ragman

And, if you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. Real cheap.

5. ragman

There are two kinds of justice in this world. One is for athletes and the other is for the rest of us. If that had been me, I would have been in jail already.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes, i believe that with all of my soul.

7. ragman

Sure, you do.