Redskins' HC Jay Gruden Says QB Robert Griffin's Comments 'Not His Place'

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by ICECOLD, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Jay Gruden wasn’t at all pleased with Robert Griffin III’s on-field performance in Sunday’s loss to the Buccaneers, but that’s not all that irked the Redskins’ head coach, Tarik El-Bashir of CSN Washington reports.

Gruden was also annoyed by Griffin’s postgame remarks to the press.

“It takes 11 men,” Griffin said, in part, after the 27-7 defeat. “If you want to look at the good teams in this league and the great quarterbacks, the Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Mannings, those guys don’t play well if their guys don’t play well.”

On Monday, Gruden said Robert needs to be concerned with Robert and no one else.

"First of all, Robert needs to understand he needs to worry about himself, No. 1, and not everybody else,” Gruden said at Redskins Park. “It’s his job to worry about his position, his footwork, his fundamentals, his reads, his progressions, his job at the quarterback position. It’s my job to worry about everybody else. And yes, everybody else needs to improve. There’s no question about it. But it’s not his place. His place is to talk about himself, and he knows that.”

“He just elaborated a little bit too much, and he’ll learn from it,” Gruden said, referring to Griffin’s press conference comments. “He’s 24 years old, he wants everything to be perfect around him, and yesterday was far from perfect. He’s got to improve.

"The offensive line has to improve. Everybody has to improve. Myself. We’re 3-7. If you can point to one person when you’re 3-7, it’s easy. But you can’t, it’s everybody has their hand in it. And we’ve got to fight our way out of it. We’ve got to continue to prepare. Like I said, we’ve got to be consistent in our preparation, our work ethic, and eventually we’ll get out of it. But if we start pointing fingers and throwing stones, we have no chance. So we’re going to squash all this stuff now and continue to get better and beat San Francisco."

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescr...iffin-s-comments--not-his-place-/Default.aspx

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Well... we got to hear a little of what the coaches say to the players behind closed doors LOL RG 3 and 7 got SMASHED

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The S.S. Griffin is taking water over the stern. The Redskins organization and team makes the Raiders look like IBM.

DaBears22 likes this.
  4. smeags

smeags militant geek

seeing this blow up makes me smile.

how ya doing desean ?

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yep, the skins are in full meltdown mode.

6. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Okay so I just changed my tickets from Redskins - Cowboys in week 17 to Ravens Browns. that is seriouly how pissed I am with this team.

Fire everyone, Fire Bruce. I wish I could fire the owner too.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

it all starts and ends with the owner.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

snyder needs to take a huge step back and sign the checks only.bruce allen is a joke too.i do not know what the answer is,but bruce allen is not part of it.I Think they should stay out of gruden's way and let him rebuild the team.If he can find a qb that will listen to him,he should draft him.II hope he fires most of the defensive coaches too cause they are as bad or worse than the defense is.snyder has tried running this team his way since he bought the team,now he needs to see they are ran the right way,with him signing the checks only and not getting involved with the players.

LebaneseFF likes this.
  9. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

our Scouting department needs to do better too .

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Only thing worth salvaging is the cheerleaders.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Especially the slutty ones

ICECOLD likes this.
  12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't know...they haven't had draft picks since 1999, have they?

13. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Wow, he threw his teammates under the bus big time. I bet he'll get sacked more in the coming games on purpose lol.

ICECOLD likes this.
  14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Everybody is throwing everybody under the bus. RG3 is throwing his teammates, DeSean is throwing RG3, and Jay Gruden is throwing RG3. One big happy family in DC.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Wait...you actually have one of those? I assumed talent evaluation in Washington consisted of Snyder on the toilet, reading fantasy football magazines that have been out of date for several years.

LebaneseFF, markaz and ICECOLD like this.