Dear Diary: My Wife Has Filed For Divorce.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Apr 26, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I ended up finding a better office space than the building my ex-wife's attorney is in. Better location, more space, and same lease rate. We move in there on Monday.

Well this f--king changed. I was talking to her eldest son on Skype for over a week after the divorce, with her permission and knowledge that I was doing so. Then all of the sudden during this last week, he no longer showed up on my contact list. So it started this email sequence last night:

I've heard that the boys are unhappy moving into a much smaller house and having to share a room. And instead of living with me, someone who jokes around with them and does things, they now live with her witchy sister. So I'm hoping that she just doesn't want them to talk to me thinking that they will complain about their current situation. I'm going to ask her in 5 or 6 months if I can contact them again. Hopefully by that time they will be more settled in and less likely to complain.

This situation sucks big time. I still find myself looking at ads for glow-bowling, batting cages, etc that I used to do with them. It's depressing as f--k.

2. DawkinsINT

I added "Dear Diary" to the thread title since I'm sure I sound like a self-involved teenaged girl. Haha.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wow...that's some serious bullshirt. I'm sorry to hear that Dawk. Hopefully the boys try to reach out to you.

Omen and DawkinsINT like this.
  4. DawkinsINT

I hope so too, Ward. I'm saving her email so that if in the future the boys think that I abandoned them, I will be able to show them her words.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sorry to hear that, Dawk...sucks from your end, but I can see where she's coming from with it, as misguided as it may be. Im sure she's catching a ton of shirt from them about how things suck now and used to be great (its what kids do), and she likely sees your continued contact with them as negatively affecting that part of it. Shes probably not wrong that it might be best if you both (and the kids) got a "fresh start", at least for now. Hopefully after their lives stabilize somewhat she'll let you back "in". Tough situation for all involved, no doubt about it. Best wishes.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

Thanks, Walnuts. It would be easier to take if she said she wished I didn't try to contact them "right now". Or something to that effect to show that it's not as permanent as she made it sound.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I agree with @Walnuts. I'm sure she's heard nothing but "I really miss...." since the D. Just let things settle for a while then reconnect with her and try to get her to come up a schedule that you can Skype (or whatever) them. At least she'd feel like she's in control. And if she says play it by ear, then do just that. Unfortunately, she owns all the cards and pressing it would only worsen an already shirtty situation. Women and divorce are just like a Seattle weather forecast....overcast and gloomy. Hang in there.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Sucks big time, since I know how much you like the boys

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

I've spoken before about how my ex-wife totally changed once her father passed away in January, and she's been popping prescription pills. She became a completely different person than who I fell in love with. She became cold and only cared about the dogs. She asked me to not contact the boys.

This afternoon my ex-brother-in-law called me and said, "Hold on". My youngest ex-stepson then took the phone.

I will 100% admit that I did not want the boys to be happier without me. I forgive myself for feeling that way because it's not an emotion that I can control, and I'm sure almost everyone in my situation would feel the same way.

But once I started hearing Sebastian talk about how unhappy he is right now, my heart melted and I felt guilty. He expressed how she doesn't pay any attention to him the way that I used to.

Knowing how little attention she paid to the boys compared to the dogs, I asked him if he has been brushing his teeth at least twice a day like I used to make sure they were doing.

He said that his toothbrush was lost in the move and that he refuses to share his brothers' brushes.

HE HAS NOT BRUSHED HIS TEETH IN OVER A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly has tons of time to bathe the dogs and update her tumblr account of them, but she doesn't even realize that one of her own flesh and blood hasn't even been brushing his teeth. I made him promise that he will ask her her to buy him a toothbrush, and that he will brush every day.

There was a lot of deep emotional stuff that he and I talked about, but I can't get beyond the fact that she doesn't even know that her youngest child hasn't brushed his teeth in such a long time.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

That is f'ed up. If you don't mind me asking, how old is Sebastian? Do you think she just overlooked it or do you think she is just ignoring his request for a new toothbrush?

11. DawkinsINT

He just turned 13. He doesn't care at all about brushing his teeth. I was aware of that and had to stay on top of him to do so. She probably is not aware that he doesn't have a toothbrush. A mother should be on top of this shirt. She isn't. But she makes sure that her web page about the dogs is updated daily.

12. markaz

Completely natural and yes...I would want them to think of her as the she-devil. Mother or no mother. It's human nature.

It appears that the central issue with your ex is pills. I know all too well how keeping the buzzed, spaced out or euphoric feeling is far more important than doing the dishes, buying clothes or a toothbrush and how it completely changes ones priorities. Important shirt doesn't seem too important and consequences for ones actions are only important after the fact. Until such time she gets off the pills or seeks therapy for whatever is causing her to pop the pills I'd ask the ex-brother-in-law to watch carefully and intervene with the boys' well-being as best he can (basically doing what you were doing on a daily basis).

Unfortunately you're pretty much powerless with one exception: If you have been granted visitation the boys are legally under your care during that time. In speaking with them or from their physical appearances you notice they are being neglected then you can act either via the courts or child protective services (that'd be extreme). But I'd still check with your att'y on what constitutes neglect (like not buying a toothbrush) and what's reportable. I'd also check and see what age in PA a child can testify on his own behalf (just for future reference).

So what was the diagnosis that her physician Rx'ed meds and what kind is she taking?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  13. DawkinsINT

She said she has hyper anxiety. I know she takes Xanax and Zoloft, but she also was taking 3 other kinds of pills that she didn't explain what they were.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm not sure that "hyper anxiety" is an actual thing.

15. DawkinsINT

Hyper probably wasn't the actual term she used. I don't recall what it was, but it was "something" anxiety.

16. markaz

Xanax AND Zoloft? Yo. Then she's being treated for anxiety and depression. Would love to know what the other 3 are. If they're within the same family of Rx's, then you may like some of the combination effects: obesity and almost complete loss of sexual drive. Hell, I hope she keeps popping them.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  17. DawkinsINT

Haha...I like the sound of that!

18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

my wife and me are having problems still,but i am f--ked cause i can't move anywhere.you look up ice box,and it has her f--king picture beside of it!!!

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i believe my old lady is secretly taking them!

20. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

View attachment 59296 I know some of yall don't believe in God or whatever but I'll tell that's this stuff is pretty on point about marriage.

I'll lever it here for yall but it's three sermons one about marriage one about the mans role and one about the woman's role.

http://victoryatl.com/p/11998/Default.aspx

DawkinsINT likes this.