Sony Pulls The Interview From Theaters

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ragman, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

It's $6 on the Google play store.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

F- Google. Those North Korean hackers will,get right in there and Google will,tell,them exactly who watched it and drop a bomb right on your house...

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i got it,just have not watched it yet.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Local newspaper only gave it a C. This dispute with NK has turned a so-so movie into a money maker for Sony.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Anything Seth Rogan is in is a money maker...

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

not as good as any of the other flicks ragan and franco made,but it was funny. glad i did not have to pay to see it.

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Doubt they make there budget back with no box office

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they will make their money back when the dvd comes out.they will market it as the movie kim-jun-ug did not want to be released and make a shirtload of money off of it. i would bet they release it on dvd within a month and strike while the controversy is still in the air.

ragman likes this.
  9. ragman

Agreed.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Who the f--k even buys DVDs anymore? Thats like saying Hall and Oates might not sell a lot of concert tickets, but you know they're gonna make it up on cassette sales yo!

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll,buy the occasional DVD...but not like I once did. I'd say for the most part if I buy them now, it's mainly for my kids and something that isn't available on Netflix.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

probably the next set of DVDs I will buy will be the original Star Wars Trilogy (original theatrical release) on Bluray...next year some time.

13. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Last blu-ray I bought was Band of Brothers. That was awhile ago. Used to buy blu-ray movies all the time then they just sat collecting dust.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you'd be shocked at who all buys dvds.a lot of places in the us,alaska noticeably,folks do not have acess to tv.some places,they have to pipe sunshine back to them.
    hall and oates??? wow,that goes back a ways!

15. ragman

I don't buy DVD's. There are tons of Web sites out there where you can watch movies for free.

16. Jihad Joe

30 million budget. Thats gonna be hard to recoup straight to DVD. They will probably make some of it back but they are gonna take a loss.

Rogan + Franco could have brought in 100 million box office with even a mediocre film

17. Jihad Joe

If i buy anything its a digital stream on Prime

18. ragman

Heard on the local news it made $1 million in its first day.

19. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

sony can recoup a lot of the budget back,but the owners of the movie theaters who did not show it for whatever reason,lost a shirt load in the end.just because it was so controversial,it would have made 50 million it's 1st weekend had the theater chains just had the guts to show it the 1st time.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

sony can recoup a lot of the budget back,but the owners of the movie theaters who did not show it for whatever reason,lost a shirt load in the end.just because it was so controversial,it would have made 50 million it's 1st weekend had the theater chains just had the guts to show it the 1st time.