NFL Playoffs-Wild Card Weekend: Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ragman, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

So who's the new Tony Romo

Stafford
    Dalton
    Or Matty Ice?

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

Lol

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Dalton gets my vote. At least Mattys won in the playoffs and the Mongoloids only had the two chances, neither of which he was particularly awful in. He may get it in time.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No choke. What happened, I was kinda digging "Englebert"?

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

manning if the broncos lose?

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I'm never here during games. Can't concentate.

Bunch of jealous harpies

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Damn right I'm jealous. I wish Bob kraft sucked ref stick as good as Jerry Jones does.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Its a tradeoff because no one sucks commissioner stick like Kraft

Omen likes this.
  9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I didn't realize Stafford was asian?

I agree about Dalton though. He's been bad in all 4 of his tries .....

Omen likes this.
  10. Omen

True dat

So comish what are going to do with those "tapes"

TJ likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All of you who say Cowboys won thanks to the refs can suck my mexican d!ck. In the first half they were giving away the game to the Lions, but nobody ever talks about that. So weird...

Bring on the Packers...

Jihad Joe and Omen like this.
  12. Omen

You know why the lions lost.

Detroit 4-1 punt / punt is shanked
    Dallas 4- goal TD
    Dallas 4-6 convert. Next set of downs Td
    Detroit failed to score tds in second half only opting for FGs

Jihad Joe and TJ like this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Exactly. Garrett understood that it was a win-or-go-home game. Caldwell didn't.

ragman likes this.
  14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm going to call you something different every day, Bartholomew. Get used to it.

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

After reading and listening to a lot of so-called post game analyses this morning, it's more than interesting how many different takes there can be on one play. My favorite was Chris Carter (on Mike & Mike) who said there was absolutely no interference on that play and that the fault lies entirely on 1. Stafford for not throwing the ball higher, and 2. Pettigrew for not extending his arms overhead (to show the refs he was going for the ball). He also said that the defender does not have to turn his head or make a play on the ball. Wuh? To assume that one play cost the Lions the game is just silly. However, the Lions were ahead at the time and marching downfield and any momentum they may have had was gone when that flag was picked up.

Maybe it's just me but I had to question Detroit's play calling on that drive starting with about 2:50 left in the game. Whether or not by design or Stafford throwing to option 2 or 3, they had to go about 75 yards and were throwing very short routes...3-4 yards at a time. Not once did they throw to a man 10 or more yards downfield. Stafford is by no means a Joe Montana or John Elway when it comes to a do-or-die drive at the end of a game, but they had to move the chains and were burning so much time on the short routes.

In the end, what happened to the No. 1 defense in the NFL when they were ahead 20-7 with 3:00 left in the 3rd quarter? Romo's getting the majority of the praise today, but enough can't be said about how Dallas' defense nutted it up in the second half and caused Detroit's offense to sputter or turn the ball over.

Dallas won and it wasn't because of one shirtty call. They were just the better team when Detroit played Dallas on January 4, 2015.

ragman, Jihad Joe and Omen like this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

17. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

nope, just proves they are good at misleading because they know people logically know its staged no matter what.

but yep,its dallas. nOW...what happened to Tony's bad back? why was that conveniently forgotten? this time Rodgers leg will be the issue.

its either Dallas or Seattle going to the big game. Seattle will wear the black hat and lose to America's son or the Cowboys will get to go as reward to Romo for being a loyal schill but of course still lose to Denver.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Hey, that's a script I can live with...

19. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Caldwell doesn't have the cojones that Garrett does. Going for it on fourth and 6? OMG! Who would do that?

And Caldwell NOT going for it on fourth and 1? Choosing to punt? Really? Seriously?

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

Apples and oranges