Mike Shanahan Spends New Year's Day Meeting With 49ers

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by 86WARD, Jan 3, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    After Denver Post reported Mike Shanahan would interview for 49ers' HC job, he confirmed he spent New Year's Day meeting with SF braintrust.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Balls.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Hahahahahhaa he said braintrust

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Rex Ryan, Englebert? I hear he loves Kaep's game.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Better than Shanahan.

6. ragman

That's not saying much, Englebert. That's damning with faint praise.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i hope that sob ate some bad claims and got the shirts all night while he was there.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Shanahan in Frisco. As a Cards fan I really hope so. With the current groceries on the cupboard in SF Rex actually wouldn't be bad, but he would need to be left out of player evaluation, trades and drafting.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Oh I can pretty much guarantee that Baalke isn't going to give any personnel sway to any new hire.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

rex ryan would be a decent defense coordinator anywhere he goes,he is just a flat out shirtty head coach much like his father buddy was.

11. markaz

Tell me about it. We're still cleaning the shirt from his bed when he took over in Arizona. Buddy's famous last words at his introductory press conference: "You got a winner in town". 8-8 followed by a smooth 4-12 and his coaching days were over.

Diesel44 likes this.
  12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I can't see that. I think he'd go yo ESPN or something like that before being a coordinator.

Diesel44 likes this.
  13. ragman

Rex is supposed to interview for the ATL HC gig today.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He has already said it is head coaching or tv.i would not hire him as a head coach cause i think he is highly overated as a head coach. now as a DC,he is pretty damn good.but he has already said he will only take a head coaching position.we'll see!?

15. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he brought some of his guys from philly there too did'nt he? seth joyner,jim mcmahon,keith byars if i can recall right.

16. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Haha. The next couple of years of walnuts posts will be extremely entertaining if they hire Shanahan. Get your popcorn ready.

DawkinsINT and markaz like this.
  17. markaz

Just thinking about that possibility is entertaining...kind of like being at a mental movie.:popcorn::beerchug:

18. ragman

I saw where Ryan spent about 5 hours talking to ATL yesterday, but nothing came out of it.

I also hear that Kyle Shanahan is not happy with CLEVE. Wherever Mike Shanahan ends up, Kyle may go where Dad goes.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

its always good to hire a HC that hasnt had success since clinton was in office.

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

...and needs a HOF QB to be successful.