New Year's Resolutions for 2015

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by markaz, Dec 30, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Got a New Year's resolution you want to share with this crowd? Maybe if we're lucky we can get a few "serious" resolutions in addition to the "I'm giving up masturbating in public" promises.

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

why would i give that up?

3. markaz

If that's your thing then don't.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm giving up NOT masturbating in public.

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

just hoping to make it to 2016 alive and kicking.

TJ likes this.
  6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Phuck resolutions. They're useless

Steve12 and ragman like this.
  7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed.

I resolve not to make any more New Year's resolutions.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not exactly a New Years resolution, but I've decided that this weekend will be the last I give myself moments of a pity party.

Saturday will be two months since my divorce, and the week after will be two months since my company of 21 years betrayed us by selling our division to another company that blew it up.

2014 sucked copious amounts of stick, but it's over. Time to be a man about it and move forward. No more of this self-pity bullshirt.

I have a feeling it may be tougher than quitting smoking, losing weight, or whatever most people do...but this is life's challenge to me.

Acceptance of my situation, gratitude for what I have, and self-improvement are what I strive for in 2015.

TJ, markaz, 86WARD and 1 other person like this.
  9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Well said buddy.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  10. markaz

This will be the year for me that I will literally force myself to stay in contact with my side of the family. They're all in the K.C. area and I've been lazy in initiating contact with them. Kind of fell into the habit of them having to contact me. Got a brother, his wife, neice and nephew that I haven't spoke to in over 2 years and that's gonna stop.

86WARD, DawkinsINT and Steve12 like this.
  11. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

Quit smoking.

I am down to 5 cigarettes a day. And Soon none. Fingers crossed

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good Luck.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I have tried quitting 4 or 5 times...honestly, lost count at this point. I'm still at 5-10 cigarrettes a day.

Good luck...let us know how it goes...

14. markaz

Good for you, Leb. What's a pack of smokes cost there?

15. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

My resolution is to be a better person. Not sure of my persona on here but in real life I'm kind of a stick. I need to treat my wife and others better. This has been made clear to me multiple times but I never got the message.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wow...kind of surprised to hear that. You've always seemed like a decent dude to me.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I want to save more money, be more patient and try to just overall be a better person. I'd also like to work on finding a new job.

18. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

about 2$. Price isn't an issue like the USA. but still I have smoked for 25 years and for the past couple it has started to disgust me

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Wait until you actually quit entirely and see/smell smokers from a non-smokers POV. Then you'll really be disgusted. I quit @ 5-6 years ago and would never go back. Rarely, when I've been drinking, I'll bum a smoke off someone and I hate myself for it every time. The taste and smell disgust me, and it's impossible to get out of your mouth and off of your hands and clothes. My reaction is always "God how did I ever do this for so long"

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

I know how you feel. I feel the same way every time I accidentally read one of your posts.

Walnuts and DawkinsINT like this.