Worst (#######) day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ICECOLD, Feb 6, 2015.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Need to vent. Got news this afternoon that my oldest son was running in PE and his knee buckled and he collapsed. They rushed him to the emergency room, and my wife went to go meet them there. Xrays determine that he tore both of his kneecaps, has to have surgery (any minute now), will be in full leg splints for 4-6 weeks and will have to miss school for that entire time. And will need physical therapy afterwards.

...and I'm f--king 3000 miles away and can't do shirt to help.

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Im wondering why his knee buckled to begin with..

My prayers are with you and your family.

ICECOLD likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That sucks. Best wishes that he has a speedy recovery.

ICECOLD likes this.
  4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

After X-rays, they found it happened to both knees. He had surgery last night and it went well. Now he has to stay off his legs for two weeks, then another 2-4 weeks recovery. After that phys therapy

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Glad to hear it went well...sucks about the recovery time!!

What are they going to do about school?

ICECOLD likes this.
  6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Don't have details about school yet.

7. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Orthopedist said it's a 1% chance something like this happens to someone his age

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

will be praying for you and your family.at least he has youth on his side while recovering from this.my bet is he will be good as new by september.

ICECOLD likes this.
  9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Good god man, sorry to hear that. Glad he's relatively okay, but damn what a random thing.

ICECOLD likes this.
  10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Once when hospitalized for ACL surgery my "roommate" was a kid who worked at a meat processing plant and slipped on one those metal chutes used to slide the carcasses along. Full weight on both kneecaps and they shattered. A far cry from simply running and having both go. Freaky. Hope he convalesces well.

ICECOLD likes this.
  11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

in today's computer age,he may just be able to attend all his classes on a computer.that has happened here a few times.you should contact the schoolboard and see if they can set that up because they may legally have to under state or federal law.

ICECOLD likes this.
  12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

in today's computer age,he may just be able to attend all his classes on a computer.that has happened here a few times.you should contact the schoolboard and see if they can set that up because they may legally have to under state or federal law.

13. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Ya I think that is the case but stuff at the hospital keeps changing too. They still haven't been released and they had the phys therapist work with my son with walking up stairs to determine his mobility. Driving me crazy

14. DawkinsINT

Why are you 3000 miles away?

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

You can see by his new avatar that he's in hot pursuit of the Mystery Machine. Stop asking so many questions...

Diesel44, ICECOLD and DawkinsINT like this.
  16. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Took a new job on the east coast about a year ago. Original plan was to move my family out here last summer, but a couple months after I came out here, her mom got diagnosed with lung cancer. So she had to stay out there to help support her with her treatment. She's cancer free now but had to have 2 surgeries (part of her lung removed and part of a muscle in her back removed) now is disabled from those. Hope to have them out here this summer, but this problem with my son is going to kill the move fund.

17. DawkinsINT

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

ICECOLD likes this.
  18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

man,if i were a millionaire,i'd send you whatever you need to keep your family together.hell,that goes for anybody here.

ICECOLD and 86WARD like this.
  19. 86WARD

86WARD -

ICECOLD likes this.
  20. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I appreciate you guys all A LOT. All the crazy stuff everyone says on here really takes my mind away from all the life bullshirt. This will just drive me to work even harder to make this work out.

DawkinsINT and 86WARD like this.