Peterson agent confronts Vikings VP

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by ICECOLD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Adrian Peterson's agent told a Vikings official that the star running back will never again play for Minnesota during a heated exchange last week at the NFL scouting combine, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Adrian Peterson's agent told the Vikings that his client will never play for the team again.
    Peterson's agent, Ben Dogra, had to be separated from Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski in a confrontation that took place in front of outside parties, according to sources.

Mark Dominik, the former general manager of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and an ESPN analyst, separated Dogra and Brzezinski, according to sources.

CBSSports.com reported the incident earlier Monday.

The confrontation with Brzezinski was not the only exchange that Dogra had with executives and other agents during the combine, according to sources.

The Vikings said Monday that they had no comment on the incident. Neither Dogra nor Dominik has publicly commented.

Peterson was suspended and placed on the commissioner's exempt list for all but one game during the 2014 season after pleading no contest to one count of misdemeanor reckless injury for disciplining his 4-year-old son with a switch in May.

Peterson can't be reinstated until April 15, though the NFL Players Association is suing the league in federal court to expedite his return. Peterson will turn 30 next month, and it remains to be seen whether the Vikings would keep him on his current contract, which calls for him to make a base salary of $12.75 million next season.

Although the Vikings repeatedly have said they want Peterson back next season, the 2012 league MVP told ESPN last week that he is "still uneasy" about the prospect of returning to Minnesota in 2015. He called the team's working with the NFL to put him on the commissioner's exempt list "an ambush" and said it made him question how much support he had from the organization.

"It's hard to say [what my future will be]," Peterson said. "I love Minnesota. There are people that have had my back, and supported me. Last year, with the things that took place, had a lot of fans that supported me through everything. For the fans, I would definitely love to come back, but then again, it's a business, when it comes down to business, you can't get caught up in the loyalty to fans or to a team or anything like that.

"You know how it is in the NFL. I learned a lot through this process. I'm still uneasy, to be honest with you. I'm still uneasy about a lot of things that took place within the organization. Of course those guys ultimately supported me, and I'm grateful for that. But ultimately, with me being able to be on the inside and see how cards were dealt, how things were worded, this, that and the other, it's about protecting your brand, your organization, what you have built."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ts-heated-exchange-minnesota-vikings-official

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they should trade ap to the browns or the raiders.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

You just don't want to see him wind up in Dallas.

Diesel44 likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I do.

Omen likes this.
  5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

do not want him in dallas,philly or ny giants.send him to pittsburg.

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I wouldn't be surprised if Indy jumped in the mix since they're so good at trading for RBs...

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

We're good...we'll take some defense though.

Diesel44 likes this.
  8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

He wants to come home though.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Steelers ought to see if Peterson's agent has some skills. Hell, send Peterson to the Cardinals for a reality check on what it's like to run behind a JV line.

Diesel44 likes this.
  10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i could live with him going to the cards.the vikes will be doing him a huge favor sending him to dallas.