2015 Eagles Off-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Mar 2, 2015.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

well the release of herremans ushered in the eagles off-season this year. i would think he wont be the only cap casualty.

i'm not sure what they will do with brandon graham, he's been a disappointment so far but i wouldnt call him a bust. issue is unless trent cole restructures, he's gone. they'd be two de's down and lets face it, marcus smith blows it something fierce so it would actually be down three. have to look at the de's in FA to see who might be a fit at a decent cap price.

maclin isnt going anywhere. shady on the other hand is going to have to restructure as well. regardless if he stays here or is eventually traded. his deal is not cap friendly for a rb.

then of course there's upcoming draft - funny how chip talks to nobody and yet all these national guys seem to think they have the inside track on his thinking. i wouldnt sell the farm for mariota but if the price is swapping 1st this year plus next year's 1st round pick plus a 4th and foles .... im in. do it.

lots of questions for the eagles.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Please trade all your draft picks for Mariotta. Really, he's like...the missing piece or something.

Sincerely,
    -The rest of the NFC East

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah like i said, i would be ok with two extra picks and foles (no use keeping him if they get mariota. anything beyond that i am against. too much to give up.

this is by far the biggest off-season for kelly. its all on him, the team is gonna either sink or swim. he MUST address the defense though, no thing he does on offense will make much difference if the defense cant get off the field and is giving up 35 a game.

@DawkinsINT, @Jihad Joe, @Diesel44, @Omen

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

not trying to be a smartass, but how did Malcom Jenkins and Sproles work out for you this season?

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

not sure why sproles wasnt used as much later in the year but both were big upgrades.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

sproles got hurt near the end of the year did'nt he? they are trying to get mccoy to take a pay cut,but he has already say that ain't happening.
    i am really curious to wait and see if they move up and take mariota.if they do take him,they should at least keep foles around 1 more year one would think.i think snachez may end up in buffalo with ryan.

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he is not the missing piece,but kelly has been a pretty good coach thus far,and if he gets his kid who has been running this system awhile,give him a year or two and they could really be tough to beat.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

20 is gonna be a sweet spot for CBs. Waynes would be gone, but Peters is probably a better football player and while its not a top heavy class it's a solid group.

Probably 4 CBs that could conceivably be worth 20 and 3 of them should be there.

I like what the Eagles have on the front 7. However, Goldman is a nasty NT and could be in the running at 20 as well. If im the Eagles i go in either of those directions.

QBs, Id take a flier on Bryce Petty. Gets dinged for being a system QB, but he has the physical tools and mental make up of a legit starter. Needs a season or two of pro coach. Id look at him in the third

markaz likes this.
  9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

all qbs are system qbs. never understood that saying.

10. Jihad Joe

A system QBs number are not a product of his talent but of the offensive system he plays in.

Brees is a good example of a QB who is not a system QB as he has been a Pro Bowl QB on two teams and in 2 different schemes

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm not big on Mariotta much at all. With all the weaknesses we have in so many other spots, I'd concentrate on them more than upgrading Foles. I think he can win with the proper team around him. Though at the same time I have to admit that I am curious about how much better the offense would run with Mariotta.

With everything this team needs to do, and now that Kelly has complete control, this is one of the most anticipated offseasons for the Eagles in my lifetime. I just hope Chip truly proves to be a genius.

12. DawkinsINT

Cary Williams cut. Fletcher better be next.

13. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Completely agree with @Jihad Joe on all counts. CB is the Eagles weak link and I'm a Bryce Petty proponent as well. If the Eagles don't snag him (or anyone else does) I hope the Cards nab him.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Looking like the Eagles will go big in free agency on a CB...Byron Maxwell?

15. Jihad Joe

Not sure if he fits, more of a zone CB. I could see them going after Revis

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You Eagles must stop doing good trades and decisions. It's making me sick...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. DawkinsINT

If Alonso can stay healthy...I love this trade. Shady clearly wasn't the same last season and it's easier to get a good RB than a good LB.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer