Twitter: America’s new virtual bar fight

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by SportsChump, Mar 7, 2015.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Not to sound like an old curmudgeon (sometimes I can’t help myself) but it used to be that if you had a beef with someone, you would confront them face to face, address the issue at hand and either resolve it in a peaceful, diplomatic fashion or put up your dukes until there was one man standing… which is why it’s always good to carry around an extra Ronda Rousey with you, just in case shirt gets real.

These days, such resolutions are a thing of the past as arguments have become virtual… yet still as pointless as ever.

Twitter can do that to a culture.

Follow along at: http://sportschump.net/2015/03/07/twitter-americas-new-virtual-bar-fight/15157/

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

So nice to hear, "put up your dukes". Haven't heard that expression in a long time.

markaz likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

How about a knuckle sandwich, Dawk?

markaz and DawkinsINT like this.
  4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I read that and didn't give it a second thought. I'm either too damn old or living in the past. Hell, I can't get used to seeing trains without a caboose.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

So think about it...when was the last time you heard someone say that? It's been decades for me.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Isnt it sammich?

7. markaz

Same...

Just can't believe how things have changed. Extreme fighting on the internet , espesically via Twitter, and the first time I cussed in front of my father I was 11 and said "damn". I was absolutely mortified.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Why do I get the feeling we should all be sitting on a park bench, wearing fedoras and feeding the pigeons?

Eh, sonny?

9. markaz

Don't forget the dress shirt, tie and cardigan.

10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Slippers and dark socks?

11. markaz

Sitting at a chess board in the park with Ernie.