2015 Eagles Off-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Mar 2, 2015.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No. I think he just wants backs that move forward. Shady danced too much in the backfield.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ameer Abdullah is a great fit for them IMO. Kinda a poor mans Ray Rice

3. Jihad Joe

Murray to Eagles heating up

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Abdullahs my favorite back in the draft right now. I see a lot of Jamaal Charles.

5. Jihad Joe

Hes nasty running out of a spread formation. If you force a team to play nickle and dimes he can gash them at 5-10 yards a pop.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

so he's an even less durable foles with a giant cap number. awesome.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

he wants a guy who hits the hole quick instead of dancing around.

i dont know, i didnt notice any problems with the last rb the team had. except that he didnt fit kelly's lemming requirements for players.

8. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Tell him I said what's up.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Murray, Matthews and Sproles...not a bad trio. Very interested to see what Murray does behind the Eagles O-Line compared to the Cowboys O-Line...

10. Jihad Joe

Not for nothing but he has averaged over 5 yards a carry twice in his career. Once with a terrible line in 2011 and once with a mediocre line in 2013. He doesnt need a dominant OL to be effective

11. DawkinsINT

He played at least 13 games in those seasons. Got 217 carries and over 1100 yards in 2013.

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

So at this point is DB still the No. 1 need in Philly or has it become the WR position?

For all the heat Kelly's getting for his moves, I hope the Eagles take it to the NFC championship (only to lose to the Cards) just to quiet the critics.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

rumors swirling that mathis is being shopped for a WR.

14. DawkinsINT

Jeff Fisher said today that he had received first round offers for Bradford from other teams but wanted Foles. Wow...I guess Chip was honest in the press conference.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Or they're in cahoots!

16. Jihad Joe

How old is Mathis now?

I dont think you guys need a top WR, just a contributor. A #2 guy. I think Mathews is gonna blow up

17. markaz

Even Tony Dungy would lie during free agency or pre-draft.

18. DawkinsINT

I agree. And I'm sure Chip wasn't honest about everything, but there was no reason for Fisher to lie after the fact. That leads me to believe Kelly was probably being truthful.

19. markaz

I dunno. Fisher saying that is a head scratcher. Did he ever say who made those offers and what else was involved in the offer(s)? Injured or not, Bradford stunk it up in St. Louis and I don't think he was Fisher's guy. Still think it was a Shurmur directed draft pick and Shurmur directed trade. If the Eagles shirt the bed on offense it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see Shurmur get axed while Kelly stays at the helm. Just guessin' on something I don't want to happen.

20. Jihad Joe

Bradford was a good QB when he was healthy but that has been very rare the past few years.

If the Eagles shirt the bed on offense, Chip is gone